Chapter 2

"Good morning, Tamia," he welcomed me with his low voice.

     "Good morning, Xander! Happy Graduation Day!" I said as I stand up from my bed. Mary's behind him, carrying our breakfast.

     "Happy Graduation Day to you too! By the way, good luck about the honors list."

     "Oh, same to you!" 

     "Shall we eat breakfast now?" he asked.

     "Sure, sure. Of course."

     Mary set the food on my coffee table near my Mac and we ate bacon, egg and French toast. After eating, he went down maybe with his parents. Probably mom and dad still don't have an idea that they are here. 

     Xander is getting annoying every single day. Can he just stop?

     I took a quick shower and put on my uniform since it is required during the mass. I put on a bit of foundation and curled my hair. 

     When I got down from my room, my parents and Xander's parents are there, chatting with each other. They are probably talking about the hotel stuff. 

     When I got down from our staircase, everyone stared. I just gave them a sweet smile.

     "Ash, darling!" Aunt Eleanor, Xander's mom, welcomed. She kissed me on the cheek and hugged me tight. "You look pretty!" she added.

    "Thank you!" 

     Mom interrupted our conversation and said, "Shall we go?" 

     "Alright, let's go," Uncle Henry, Xander's dad, said.

     I went to my mom's car since we'll use that one and Nicolas, our driver, opened the door for me. 

     "Thank you, Nicolas," I said.

     "Of course, my dear," he answered with a smile.

     Nicolas has been so good to me and my family. He's been our driver for 7 years already. Yes, he's that loyal. Actually, he's also like my butler. He's always there for me since I'm the youngest in the family. He fetches me to school and on the way home. He also saved me once. When I was 9, someone almost kidnapped me while I was playing in the park. The guy didn't know that Nicolas who was just beside me, is somewhat my butler. So he grabbed me and Nicolas punched him straight on the face. I fell down on the floor. The guy got the chance to run but Nicolas didn't care about him anymore. Instead, he lifted me up and took me home. That incident made my parents trust him so much more.

     Ward family also got into their car and we went to school at the same time.

     When we arrived, the first thing that got into my mind is to find Paris. In no time, I found her by the hallway. Our families went to the auditorium for the mass. 

     After hearing mass, we are supposed to come back at 2 in the afternoon for the awarding session. At 9 o'clock, when the mass ended, we went back home to rest for a bit. 

     At lunch time, I wasn't able to eat that much. I wonder who's going to be the Valedictorian. Paris, Xander or me? Mom's probably expecting that it will be me. 

     "Ashley, what's wrong?" Mom asked.

     "Nothing," I answered.

     "Yes, there's something. Tell me, dear."

     "Well, I'm bothered about the honours list. You are probably expecting a lot."

     "Oh darling, it's okay if you're not on the top. I'm sorry for putting tons of pressure on you."