Chapter 17

First week in school has been going out great. It felt beaming to meet a whole bunch of new people. Back in Manchester, I wasn't really that friendly but now, I'm loving the feeling of coping with different kinds of people: flirts, nerds, average ones, jocks and jerks. And because of that, I feel like I'm seeing the real world.

It was a Friday and the weather was kind of gloomy. The sky was crying and when I looked by my window, the whole place had mist and the silver pavement looked slippery and wet. I did my usual routine every morning.

As soon as I finished dressing up and eating my breakfast, I sat by our couch to wait for Chase.

I waited and waited and waited but none came. I dug my phone from my handbag and called him. After a moment, he already picked up.

"Hey Ash," he said in his morning voice. It was kind of hot, I gotta say. "Sorry but I can't pick you up. I'm not feeling well plus I have a really serious cold," he added.

"Oh," I said with all innoncence. "Alright then, sorry for disrupting your sleep. Feel better soon, Chase!"

"No, it's nothing. Thank you Ash!" He bid and hung up.

I just wish that he'll feel better by the weekends. I don't want to be a loner in school, like, he's all I have though I met an ample of fellows to be with. Being with him is all I needed. I'm very much buoyant and comfortable with just spending the day with him. He filled up the emptiness I have from my friends back then and my dad.

I grabbed my hoodie and umbrella before going out. Clio was still sleeping and I bet she won't be up until 8am because of the weather. Typical Clio.

I breathed a deep sigh because walking all alone to school will be bleak without my morning buddy. After a few block, I saw Greyson from afar with no one accompanying him. What?

He usually walks to school with Daniela but today, it was different. He was alone.

I don't want him to see me. Walk faster, Tamia. Walk faster.

"Hey Ashley!" Greyson whooped.

Darn it.

"Oh um uhh hey Greyson," I said. Stuttering problems, errr.

"Where's your Chase?" He asked, raising a brow on me.

Both of us paused in the middle of the pathway. The rain started to tumble even more. My shoes are now dripping wet because of the rainfall which made me feel unease and flea-bitten. And the fact that I'm facing this guy's just made it even worse.

"My Chase? You retard," I enounced. "He's sick," I added while looking at the ground.

"Oh," he muttered.

"So where's your Daniela?" I said, emphasizing the word 'your' to annoy him.

"My Daniela? You retard," he mocked and I rolled my eyes on him, still managing to give out a smile. "She's also sick," he added.

"What a coincidence. Well, should both of us walk to school together?" He asked with hope in his eyes.

"Sure, no big deal," I said.

The two of us started walking down the street on the way to school. It felt fine being with Greyson once again. But I was curious about him. Well, he's very much mysterious. I don't think I'm seeing the real him. Not that I'm doubting him or something but there's just something in him that's different. I know that he's hiding something from me.

"Greyson, is that really you?" I asked. Wow, I need to learn how to formulate questions more properly.

"What are you saying? Of course this is me. You're weird," he said. That embarrassed me. Alot.

"I mean, are you being yourself? Like sometimes, you're that badass in school that jerks up with everyone else. But when you're with some particular people, you suddenly become an angel with a floating halo by your temple," I confessed.

"Ohhh, that. Okay, I'll be honest with you Ash. I've experienced a lot of bullying in middle school. And now I'm just doing those crap shit contraptions to show I'm tough. I know, it's stupid but seriously, I'm a good fella. And people ride with my jokes anyway so there's no big deal," he shredded down to tiny bits. And now I finally understand.

I have to agree, no one has been offended with his lame jokes. He's been cool with it and so as the people around him. Well, except for me.

"But you don't have to pretend to be somebody that you aren't, Greyson," I said.

"I know. But it's just the only thing I thought of to prevent getting severed by words," he said.

The atmosphere just turned a hundred times murkier. My fault.

"You can just let the feeling die. Let them be," I adviced and it's obvious that I'm not helping him in any way. "Oh let's just shrug this off. Sorry if I brought the topic out," I said.

"No, it's fine. I find it quite comfortable to talk about it with you around," he said and I blushed.

"Why, you never talk about this with Daniela?" I asked.

"Nope. She finds it dramatic and corny," he answered. Well that's weird. She's the bestfriend. She should've stuck around with Greyson in these kind of times. She should be the one cheering this weird and pretentious guy.

"No offense but that sounds like helpful bestfriend to me," I told him sarcastically and he just shook his head with frustration. "Don't worry, Greyson. I'm here," I said.

His face lit up and the rain slowly stopped. Drizzle was the only thing the sky left for Greyson and I to enjoy.

I looked at my watch and it's nearly 8 in the morning which means the first subject starts in a few minutes.

"We better hurry up," I commanded.

Both of us started to run and he held my hands to lead me the way and to prevent me from slipping. It was...sweet. The way he touched me was different from the way Chase does it. His was more sincere and soft.

When we arrived at school, we literally ran into the hall. And what a surprise, there was no one in there.

"Classes are suspended," the janitor said.

BUMMER.

----------

chapter 17! :) so what do you think about it? it was kind of boring, yeah. stay tuned because i have so much surprises! hahahah xx thank you for reading and please vote! ♥

watch my new cover; it's a mashup of everything has changed by taylor ft. ed ++ kiss me by ed sheeran. find it on: youtube.com/kristelynaguilar (links don't work here so yeahp lol) thanks if you checked it out!

~ krissy xx