Chapter 6

"Good evening," I bid.

    "Good evening too!" said the girl beside the guy from the bakeshop. I think that is George's daughter.

     I stepped into the living room as George went to their kitchen to prepare the food. I sat at a one-seated beige sofa, lurking around the house.

     The guy was looking at me suspiciously. And I tried to dig my face down since it's making me feel really awkward.

     "Did I see you anywhere already before?" he asked. My heart was tromping.

     "I think I saw you at my grandma's bakeshop yesterday if I'm not mistaken," I said shyly.

   "Oh yes, I remember now! Let me just say that your grandma's cupcakes are the best," he laughed.

     "Well, I'll tell that to her," I giggled. He's not that bad after all. I thought he was kind of a snobbish guy like almost everyone in Manchester Academy.

     "By the way, I'm Greyson," he held out his hand. 

     Hesitating, I grabbed it and said, "I'm Tamia," I replied blissfully. "Is she your sister or?"

     They both laughed. "We get that a lot but no, we're best friends," Greyson answered. I felt a little embarrassed.

     "Oh, it's nice meeting the both of you," I tried to let out a cheerful smile to make a good impression.

     "Anyway, I'm Daniela," the girl said. So she's the one George was talking about.

     "Daniela means God is my judge right?" I asked.

     "Well yes, you're right. That's so clever of you!" she said and I giggled. I think I've read that on some book I borrowed from the library back in Manchester. 

     We were having a great time then George suddenly called us. The smell of onion-baked pork chops is overtaking my nostrils. I took a sit next to George facing Greyson. 

     "Daniela, she looks a lot like your mom right?" George said.

     Daniela nodded and said, "Yeah that's why I thought when I first saw her." I gave them a smile as a response. 

     All of us satisfyingly finished our food. George cooked really good food. I'm impressed; it's just like how Mary does it. I kinda miss her as well as Linda.

     After eating dinner, George volunteered to clean up the things. I tried to offer some help but he said that I should just chat with 'the kids'.

     So I just went with them outside. I sat beside Daniela who's sitting next to Greyson at the bench by the porch. 

     "Dad mentioned me that you just moved here in Edmond. You're from UK, am I right?" Daniela asked as she turned her face to me.

      "Yes, I'm from UK; specifically, Manchester. How did you know?" I giggled while swaying my feet back and forth.

     "Well it's obvious. Your accent is really sleek and gorgeous!" she complimented. "By the way, are you staying here for summer only or?"

     "My mom is in Florida since we have this hotel business that's currently under construction. And I'll stay here for good with my grandparents. My dad will go here when everything's already set and going smooth," I explained.

     "A hotel? That's so fancy!" Greyson said and I replied with perky smile. 

     "Yes, it's fancy but hard at the same time," I complained.