Chapter 3

T A M I A ' S  P O V :) 

     Xander is now stating his speech. I'm very happy for him. I know that he always wanted this.

     When the graduation ended, I took pictures with my friends and classmates. This is probably a memorable day. There were a lot of crying and dramas since some are going to leave Manchester High. 

     After that, our family went on a dinner with the Wards. It's time to tell him everything. I know it will hurt him but if I don't say the truth, it will just give him more pain. It's better this way.

     When we arrived on the restaurant, our driver Nicolas, opened the door for me. "Thank you," I said.

     There were a lot of foods. I was never in a diet that's why I just ate everything I like though I know that my "suitor" is here. But whatever. 

     "So we have a big surprise for everyone," Aunt Eleanor stated. 

     "Hyland and Ward hotels & resorts will once again, branch out but not only here in UK but in United States," mom said. "That's the surprise number 1. The second surprise is that it's already on going. A hotel is currently under construction in the US. Specifically, Florida," aunt Eleanor added.

     Everyone was surprised. I almost threw out my food. Just wow! How did they hide that kind of secret? I'm so proud of my mom. Her business has reached so far. 

     "So who are in charge there in US right now?" Xander asked.

     "Well apparently, we sent some of the board members to manage it for the mean time." aunt Eleanor answered.

     "That means either one of you will fly to the US. Am I right?" I asked as I look at my mom.

     "Yes, you're right. And we, the Hylands, will be the one to fly there!"

     "WHAT?!?!" I shouted. The people were looking at me but I didn't care. "No, mom. I'm staying here. Just go by yourself if you want. No! Dad?!"

     "Calm down, sweetie. It's for the better," dad said.

     "Maybe it's the better for you and your business. You never really care about what I want."

     "I'm sorry Ash but that's final. I already set everything for the flight. I thought you're going to be excited about it." 

     "Stop arguing in front of the food," dad said.

     "UGH! I hate this. Excuse me," I said as I stand from my chair. I glared at my mom. 

    "Ashley!" Mom said as she catches me but she failed. 

     I ran outside the restaurant. I really don't know where to go that's why I just went to the gazebo near the pond at the back of the restaurant.

     I sat by the bench to ease my anger. I was so mad at her that I burst out by crying.

     All she does is think about herself. She never let me have my own decision. She always dictates what I should do. And one more thing is that I'm going to have to leave my friends including Paris. Just no.

     I was staring at my reflection by the pond when someone tapped my back. I saw his face by the clear water which was enlightened up by the moon. It's Xander.

     "Hey," I said looking up at him.

     "You alright?" he asked though I obviously look not okay.

     "I hate my mom. Can we not talk about it?" 

     "Sure, I'm sorry."

     "I wanna tell you something," I said. Yes, I'm rejecting him. Once again.

     "Uhm what's that?" he said while sitting right next to me.

     "Well, I really want to be honest to you and to myself. I don't want to hurt you but--"

     "You are refusing to be my girlfriend, right?" He asked. My eyes grew wider. I can't look at him anymore. "It's alright. I know you want to do this a long time ago and it's okay to me. It's better this way right?"

     I don't know what to say so I just whispered, "Yeah... I'm sorry, Xander."

     "It's totally alright. I want you to be happy and I think it's not being with me." 

      Why is he saying these words? He's making me feel so guilty. 

      "But we can stay friends right?" I asked.

      "Of course, we can!" He said. 

      I let the feeling out.

     After that, we just shared stories and I told him about what I think towards my mom and his mom's decision slash surprise. It's kind of awkward changing the topic into these kind of things. But yeah. I told him that I don't want to leave Manchester but what mom says is what it will be. I need to go with her and fly to US. That's what it is.

      At 10PM, we already decided to go home. 

 **

     2 days went by and it's really final. I'm going to US. Everything's already set. My mom and I will set off this Wednesday. Dad will stay here for a while then move with us when the hotel's already done.

     At lunch time, I wondered where will we stay so I asked my mom.

     "The hotels are in Florida right? So we'll stay there?"

     "Yes, the upcoming hotels are in Florida but you will stay at your grandma's in Edmond."

     "Me? Me only? What about you?"

     "I'll be in Florida with some board members since it's a business thing and kids aren't allowed."

     "If kids weren't allowed, why can't you just leave me here at home? At least I have Linda, Mary and Nicolas."

     "No dear. I'm really sorry but everything's set. Your passport, your school-to-be in Edmond and I even bought you new clothes. Aren't you happy about that?"

     "You don't understand, mom. Excuse me," 

     I ran upstairs and locked myself in my room. 

     It's really final. I'm going to Edmond and stay with my grandma. Well, I should change the way I think about this. It will be better because on the good side, I'll be with grandma Barbara and grandpa David. I should try and look out for the good sides of this decision. 

---------------

Hi, please comment down below your feedbacks. Or maybe tweet it to me on @Mockingrey (: And please please vote! ~ Krissy.