Chapter 22

My eyes grew wider when I saw Greyson calling. After everything that happened today, I don’t know if I could manage to talk to him. It’s been a while since we’ve talked but I don’t know; I’m not sure of what I’ll say to him. Every time he's there, I just run out of words to say and that is not normal.

     Well, I’ll eventually answer the call so I really don’t know what I’m blabbing about.

     "Hello?" I bid. There was an obvious shake in my voice. I know it.

     "Hey. Are you free tomorrow?" he asked and I felt the warmth on my cheeks.

     These past few weeks has been really rough for me. School has given me tons of work and stress. Daddy issues are still bothering me. Chase almost gave me a heart attack for what happened to him; not considering that he just confessed his desire towards me. Plus, Clio's jealous. I don't know, I need a break and I think being with Greyson would be a good way to at least run from all of this.

     "Yes I am," I answered. "Why?" 

     "Well, do you want to go out? I mean, just relax or anything you want to do," he suggested.

     "I would love to. Where should we go though?" I inquired.

     "Anywhere. With our bikes?" 

     "Yeah, sure," I replied.

     "I'll go there at 3 in the afternoon," he alleged and that painted a smile on my face.

     "Alright, alright. I'll see you then?" I said, feeling the redness of my cheeks. 

     "Okay, good night Ash!" he bid.

     "Good night, Grey!" I said and hung the phone up. 

     I threw myself to bed smiling. After a long day, I think it turned out great because of him.

     I don't know, I just feel pure bliss whenever I talk to Greyson. His light-hearted attitude brightens up my day. Like he's transmitting all the positive vibes to me. I don't know how he does it but it feels beyond great. And I admit that among all the people I've met here in Edmond, he's probably my favorite. 

     And that night, I knew that I slept with a smile on my face.

**

     The next day, breakfast was quite awkward for me. I don't know. There is a huge distance between me and Clio even though I'm just sitting across her.

     "How are you girls doing?" Grandma suddenly blurted out.

     "I'm good," Clio said blankly. 

     "Well, I'm going out later with Greyson," I said with the same tone as Clio did so it wouldn't be a big deal or what not.

     Clio suddenly tickled me playfully. "You're dating him, aren't you?" she teased. Her mood was literally the opposite of what she's like just a moment ago. 

     I just smiled.

     "Don't worry, Tamia. I won't tell your mom," grandma teased a well. 

     "I'm not dating Greyson. We're just friends," I said with a voice that's quite convincing.

     "Sure," Clio said sarcastically with a cheeky smile.

     "I swear I'm not dating him. I'm not dating anyone," I assured. 

     "Why are you so defensive?" she teased once again.