Chapter 25

After that moment, Greyson and I immediately went home. While walking, tears just suddenly fell on my cheeks. No one was talking. And I knew that Greyson's not that naive to not feel my sobs. I tried not to look at him. I felt shy and embarrassed but I couldn't hide my sadness. 

     Everything was eating me alive. My thoughts and my grief were holding my neck tight, making it harder for me to breathe. I put my hands by the pockets of my sweaters because I felt kind of cold. The silence made it worse. 

     Well, until Greyson put his hand on my back and onto my arms. I was astounded by the way he made me feel. It was just a simple gesture but now, I feel so much better. When his skin touched mine, I knew that I wasn't alone after all. On this rough journey, I knew I had him to guide and protect me. I knew he'd be there to not only comfort me, but also to join me on this woe.

     When we got home, it was already 10 in the evening. I didn't notice how fast the time ran. "You should go home now because it's already late you know." I said while slipping off my beanie and placing it where the coats were. "Do you want me to ask someone to drive you home?" I asked.

     "I texted my mom. She said that I could stay for the night." He said and I thought, did I invite you on a sleepover?! "And I, as well, don't have anyone to be with at home. Mom and dad are staying at my grandfather's because he's sick at the moment. Tanner is studying far away. You know that." He laughed. "And Alexa is I don't know, partying maybe? Typical her." 

     "Oh okay. No problem!" I said. Next to that was that I got my phone and texted Clio to say that Greyson's staying. And she said that my grandparents agreed. 

     "So. Are you sleepy already?" I asked while I went to the kitchen to get some chips. I have no plans in sleeping but honestly, I don't want to see my parents yet. 

      "Not really." He said, while sitting on the couch. 

      "Come upstairs, I'm showing you where you'll sleep." I said, while gesturing the way upstairs. 

     "Oh okay, sure." He said and ran to me immediately. 

     It was kind of awkward to be with a guy all alone in a house. I felt really conscious. Not that I'm scared of Greyson okay? It's just, I've never been this close to a person who's on the opposite sex. And by close, I meant, our attitudes don't oppose each other. 

     I don't know, back in Manchester, I never really had a close guy friend. Everyone is scared to talk to me and I never had the idea why. I'm really nice once you know me more. Well, that's according to Paris. I'm not really sure. I don't know myself. 

     I opened the door next to Clio's room which was the guest room and gave him the keys to its bathroom. "Well, is this okay to you?" I asked.

     "Of course, of course." He stuttered a bit but I didn't mind. 

     "Alright then." I declared. I didn't know what to say or what to do or how to act. "My room's just across yours so just knock if you want something." I smiled.

     "Okay. Uhh, thanks." He said. By the tone of his voice, I knew that he found it quite odd as well. I don't blae him for that because I am naturally awkward. 

     I rushed into my room and closed the door. I sat on the edge of my bed, not knowing what to do. Weariness hasn't hit me yet so I decided to just watch some lame stuff on tv. 

     Basically, I just used the television so that I have a something else to hear because to be honest, I'm scared. I know that Greyson's just across my room but it feels different to know that neither my grandparents are here.