Chapter 10

G R E Y S O N ' S  P O V

Yes, it's raining! 

     I really don't know why I want to see Ashley, Tamia rather, again but it's just that... I really don't know. It was so fun hanging out and sharing my favorite place with her. Not that I'm already in love with her or anything, but I think she's really interesting. She's not that typical girl in school who wears 2 inches of make-up in her face, very flirty and all. She's simple yet has very elegant attitude. That kind of girl is really rare, that's why I find her very much attractive not only outside, but also inside.

     There I was, sitting on my piano bench, staring and waiting for my phone to ring. And I have to admit, I am really looking forward to see her once again; her long hair, her eyes that has a deep shade of the ocean and her lips that has a natural color of rose brown. 

     Stop it, Greyson. Shake it off.

     I think she's already sleeping. But it's only 10 in the evening. 

     I decided to take a nap because maybe she really refuses to go out with me. Well, it's fine. But still, I'm looking forward for another somewhat like a friendly date with her.

**

The morning came and the sun started peeping through my floor-to-celing window. I checked my wall clock and it's nearly 10 in the morning. I scratched my head and looked throughout my room, trying to find some inner peace. I'm not a morning person, really. Then I found myself staring at the window. Consequently, my phone beeped.

     I pulled it under my pillow and I have 4 messages and 1 miss call. I'm expecting this to be Tamia.

     But it's Daniela. The messages say, "Greyson, please go with me to my dance class. Pleaseee!" "Are you still asleep? Wake up you lazy ass. Please go with me Greyson!" "Hmm so you're ignoring me?" "Oh cmon, Greysonnn"

     Wow, this girl is demanding. I checked my recent calls and it was Tamia. 

     I called Tamia first to know her decision. Sign-seeking wasn't a bad thing after all.

     "Hey, I just woke up and uhh I saw that you called me. What's it about?" I said, making it sound innocent as much as possible.

     "Well it rained last night which means--"

     "You're going out with me?" I blurted out with excitement.

     "Uhm I guess?" she answered. And I almost yelled because of exhilaration.

     "Yes!" I cheered. "Well, where do you want to go?" I asked.

     "Is there any place here in Edmond to just...chill?" she asked and the coffee shop immediately popped up on my mind.

     "A library, a mall, watch a movie or uhhh...a coffee shop? You choose," I asked. 

     "Oooh, I love coffee shops!" she said in a delightful manner. 

     "Alright, coffee shop it is! Hmmm I'll pick you up at 3 in the afternoon. Sounds good?"

     "Yup! See you, then. Bye!" 

     "Goodbye," I said as I hung up.

     As soon as I pulled down the line, I went downstairs to eat my breakfast. I pulled my usual chair on the dinner table and sat down. I see that Tanner has been up early. Not the usual her. Alexa's cooking with mom. Dad's reading the newspaper by the window. His salt-and-pepper hair is prevailing because of the bright sunlight. This is unusual because it's past 10 and we still haven't had our breakfast. But oh well.