Chapter 16

Am I seriously gonna seat with Noelle at their lunch table with Greyson and Daniela? Both of us haven't talked for a while and I don't know, it'll be awkward. And also, I can't enjoy my baked macaroni and fresh salad if they're flirting in front of me; well, not really flirting but I just don't want to see them together. I know I'm being clingy right now; it's just, I want Greyson back. The Greyson I knew.

     "Hey guys! I want you to meet Tamia. She's new here," Noelle stated in front of them like a prime minister or something. 

     I swirled my eyes on each one of them. They are all so gorgeous and I think they are very popular here too. Some looked nice, some looked sporty and some looked naughty. 

     "Hey," was all I managed to say. But at least, I put on my not-so-fake smile. Before anyone can talk, Greyson cut in. Hmm? 

     "Daniela and I know her. We've met this summer and we're really close," he said. When said that last word, it made me shiver inside. I don't know if I felt butterflies in my stomach or if I felt like vomitting. 

     "Yeah," I muttered. 

     Oh c'mon Tamia, don't be such an awkward turtle standing by the end of a lunch table. Be yourself!

     Did my alter ego just talked to me? 

     "Oh I see that your friend right there doesn't like talking," some guy stated. And I believe that his name is Gavin since the girl beside him yelled that when he put frost on her nose. 

     "Well, maybe she's kinda shy," the girl said. "I'm Savannah by the way! Nice to meet you," she added while giving out a hand.

     "Nice to meet you too, I'm Tamia," I said while shaking her hand. 

     The rest of the people who were sitting in the table introduced theirselves. They were nice and all that but I just can't stop looking at Greyson and Daniela who are obviously enjoying their pistacchio ice cream. 

     I sat next to Noelle by the table and started eating my lunch. All of them were loquacious but it was okay, I was kind of getting used to it. They kept on chatting about this girl called Trish and according to them, she's slutty, she's a bitch and most of all, a user. But being a nice girl that I am (lol okay, that was a joke), I didn't believe them immediately. Like, I'm not judgmental and all of what they're saying is just making me curious about Trish. And I remembered, I think I already heard that name from Clio before.

     When everyone else left since they said that they have some kind of  a meeting with some people which was obviously a lie since it's only the first day. I'm quite convinced that this was planned since they were whispering while walking away. I'm not dumb to not notice that!

     And the next thing was I and Greyson, sitting all alone in one single table.

     "Hey Tamia. How have you been?" He asked.

     "What was that?" I asked, knowing that he wouldn't say the truth. 

     "That? Huh?" He muttered, giving me a strange look. 

     I glared at him and said, "I know that you know what I mean."

     "Ahhh," he said while putting his hand on his forehead. "That was nothing, I'm sorry. Just forget about it."

     "No, seriously Greyson. What was that?" I asked.

     "It's nothing Ashley. This conversation is going nowhere," he said, obviously irritated by me. "I'm sorry, okay."