chapter 42

I hear honking outside my house. It's most likely Bri. She said she would come pick me up along with the girls but Nichol decided she wanted to twin with hair and makeup so she came over at 5 this morning. Then Asher called and said he needed a ride because Mason crashed his car. Which I replied that I'd pick him up but he's a dumbass for letting someone else drive his car. Now me and Nichol are running late.

"Come on. She's gonna take off without us. " I yell to Nichol who is still upstairs. She comes running down with her bag and we rush out of the door. Not without calling byes to Andrew.

"Finally. " Bri says from the drivers seat. I get in passenger and Nichol sits behind me.

"We need to get Asher. " I say.

"Good thing we left early then. " Bri mutters.

"Yea." I snark. She rolls her eyes. She speeds down to Asher's house. And I text him but he doesn't text back. Bri starts honking.

"Gah. Go get him. " She says.

"You go get him. " I say.

"He's your brother. You go get him. " I groan but unbuckle my seatbelt and run up to the door. I open it and go in. I see everyone having breakfast.

"Hey guys. " I greet everyone. My father has other kids with Tamera. Evelyn who is 5, Aiden who's 10, and Eliana who is 14. Of course there's Mason, me, and Asher .

"Hey hon. " Tamera says and comes to give me a hug. She's actually really nice and beautiful for her age. No wonder Mathew fell for her.

"What are you doing here? " Mathew asks.

"Asher said he needs a ride and we're kinda in a hurry so come on. " I go next to him.

"Ok hang on. " I hear Briana honking.

"What's this? " Mason says looking at me.

"What? "

"What are you wearing. "I arch a eyebrow.

" I think she's pretty. "Evelyn says. I smile at her. She's so adorable.

" Thanks sweets. "I say.

" She's obviously a cheerleader you Dingus. "Eliana says.

" Yea, which means I gotta get to school like now so let's gooo. "I pull on Asher's arm. He finally gets up and I practically run outside with Mason and Asher hot on my heels. I get in the passenger and they squeeze in the back seats.

" Finally. "Briana groans.

" Is that all you know how to say today? "Dylan asks.

" Yes. "Briana po ulls off and goes to the direction of school. We talk and laugh and she pulls into her normal parking spot. Me and Nichol dip. We run into the school and throw our things in my locker. We then go to the quad so we can fulfil Mindy's wishes for the squad to take pictures.

        ---------------------------------

We are currently in the gym which is full with the whole school population. I don't even know what we're doing here because I wasn't listening to anything Mindy was saying.

"Round off tuck! " Mindy yells. Me Nichol,  Abby and Chloe go to the edge of the gym.

"5, 6,7,8! " Mindy yells and claps on every number. We run into a round off tuck and Chloe nearly falls.

"Chloe! " Chloe runs over to her. This is normal. During practice after we stretch,  Mindy will yell something out and a few of us would do it. Then she would give us 'constructive criticism' which is actually her just yelling at us because we didn't do it right. I go to take a drink from my water bottle when someone taps my shoulder.

"Round off back handspring whip whip 2 back handspring double full. " Mindy says.

"Alone?"

"No." Mindy then goes over to Nichol but I know that Nichol can't do it. We practiced and she nearly broke her ankle. I take a drink and Nichol comes over to me.

"Time to determine if I'm good enough. " I smile.

"Come on. " Mindy clears the floor and we stand near the wall. The gym is big but we will probably go farther then half court. I look at Nichol and she nods. At mindy's count we move forward. Nichols ankle hit the ground at a angle when she pulls her 2 handsprings. I hear everyone gasp. I continue but after I land my full, I run to her.

"It's broke. I know it. " She says.

"Get up! "Mindy snaps.

" What the hell Mindy! She fucking broke her ankle! You knew she couldn't do it. "

"It's not my fault she didn't practice her handspring. You haven't been here for the past month and a half but you still did it without practice. " Mindy shrugs and walks off. I help her up and we move to the bleachers.

"Is she okay? " Briana asks. The girls come running up behind her and inspect Nichol.

"Get the nurse. We might have to take her to the ER. " I say. Alexis runs out of the gym and I grab some ice from Mindy's pack. I wrap it in a towel and put it on her ankle.

"I can't try out tomorrow. " She says.

"I'd she doesn't let you on the squad I will pummel her. " Jordan says coming to sit next to her.

"That was a bitch move. " Caden says.

"Lets jump her. " Mason says clapping his hands.

"Tania! " Mindy yells. I roll my eyes.

"I have to play the peppy cheerleader. I'll be back. " I run over to Mindy and she calls a chant.

"Lets go ladies! Who is the best!?  S-H-S! "We follow that chant. We repeat it 2 more times before she yells another chant.

" Sharks ! Let's hear it! We've got the spirit! "We chant and she finally let's us go. I run over to Nichol, who is laughing her ass off.

" Your face the whole time. "She says.

" Yea, well, she can shove her spirit up her ass. "I mutter.

" Come on. Schools out and we have to take her to the ER. "Dylan says.

" The nurse just said to give her ice. I was about to introduce her face to my knee. "Alexis says.

" So very kind of you. "I say. She nods.

" Btw it was a prep rally. "Nichol says..

" You looked completely lost. "Isabella says.

"Well she need to organize a better one because I don't know what the hell that was but that was not a prep rally. And for what? Winter break. " Nichol nods.

"She was talking about it in the locker room all week. She did say she wanted more attention before break. "

"So this was for no reason. " She nods.

"That's it. I quit. " I say.

"No you're not. " Dylan grabs my arm.

"Ignore her. I'll get mom to rip her a new one. " I smirk.

"Hey Tania. I got all that on camera. I'm so gonna show mom and dad. " I roll my eyes at Mason. Asher nods.

"I'm never gunna let this go. " Asher says holding up his phone.

"I don't care. I'm a cheerleader and I'm proud to be a cheerleader. Take that bitch! " I sass. He rolls his eyes. The twins help Nichol up and out of the gym with the rest of us following.

"Well meet you guys there! " The twins take Nichol in their Jeep, that I didn't know they had, and Mason goes with Caden. The rest of us piles Brianas Tahoe. Another trip to the hospital. Maybe I should just move in.