Chapter 50

When father came home I thought he was going to be furious. He stopped at the entrance to the kitchen and just stared at us while we stared back. Eventually he shrugged his shoulders and joined in. It's been a very long time since I've seen him so carefree and......childlike. In that moment I felt like we were truly a family and I couldn't have been happier.

Mom and father decided that they wanted a date night, so they got dressed and left. Now Peter, Felix, and I are in the theater room watching How to Get Away With Murder. "Anyone want popcorn" I ask as the episode we're watching ends. They both nod and I get up "don't start the next episode without me".

I walk into the kitchen and pull out a packet of popcorn. I throw it in the microwave and set the time before getting a bowl. As I set the bowl down the doorbell rings and I walk over to the door. My hand hesitates as I reach for the doorknob, probably because over the last few months every time I open the door something life altering is on the other side.

I shrug off the feeling and open the door breathing a sigh of relief when I see it's just Robin, Luna and Jasmine. They're dressed in club attire and they each have a bottle of an alcoholic drink in their hand, I raise an eyebrow in question as they walk in"Hey" Robin says as I close the door. "Hey yourself", I respond, "what's up".

"We're going to Xavier's bring your drink party and you're coming" Robin answers putting her hand on her hip. "I am" I ask walking past them into the kitchen where the microwave is beeping. "Yes you are. You've hardly been any where since you've returned" I hear Robin say behind me.

"It's true, Mickey", Luna adds sitting at the island, "since Peter and Felix have come here it's like you're on a ball and chain. You don't go out or do anything any more. Where's the Camilla we love and grew up with". I tear open the popcorn bag and spill it's contents into the bowl "did you just refer to Peter and Felix the way some men refer to their wives?"

"Oh, is that what it's for" she asks. I laugh "yea". I look at Jasmine "don't you want to hang out with Felix or want him to come". She shrugs "I've been with him all week. Tonight is girls night. Even I know when to have a little fun, Camilla. I don't know what they did to you in England, but it seems to me that you've lost your spunk". I lean on the counter and stare down at the popcorn.

I have spent a lot of time at home and that is eccentric for me. I haven't gone out because of Peter and Felix, I've been trying so hard to make sure that they're comfortable in their new lives that I've forgotten about having fun. Besides one night at a party won't hurt anybody. I look up at the three girls with a smile "I'll bring Cîroc". They all smile and squeal as Robin says "we'll be in the car".

I rush upstairs and freshen up a bit before putting on a black skater dress with cage detail and a scoop back cutout along with my Oscar de la Renta red coral earrings, ring, and bracelet. I put on some red lipgloss before bringing the whole outfit together with red Tory Burch quilted ballet flats. I bounce downstairs and to the kitchen grabbing the bowl of popcorn before making my way to the theater room.

I enter the row behind the boys and put the bowl on the seat in between them where I was sitting. I turn around quickly, hoping I could get out of there before being questioned, but I only make it outside of the aisle of chairs before I hear "where are you going?" I turn around slowly buying myself some time "I'm.......going.......to a party". Peter raises his eyebrows "dressed like that?"

"Yes. Dressed like this", he walks towards me until we're a foot away from each other "you're not going any where". I put my hand on my hip "excuse me, what? I don't think I heard you correctly".

"You did. Camilla, I'm not going to stand here and watch you go down that hole again" he says crossing his arms. "Then kneel, squat, sit down or lean against a wall. I don't care what you do, but I'm going to this party and I'm not going down any type of hole."