Chapter 38

I dedicate this chapter to @ICShadows, because she's awesome and super nice. Not to mention, she made the awesome new cover for MLLG and my new book!! Thank you soooo very much!!!

When I wake up my back is killing me. Never sleep on a cave floor with just a sleeping bag. The first thing I grab for is the compact to contact my parents. "Hey sweetie" my mother practically yells, I frown "hey, is everything alright?"

"What?! Hold on" she moves around and a door closes "sorry, the wind and everything made it hard to hear. How are you?" I smile weakly "alright, I guess". She nods "that's good. Get ready because we'll be there in thirty minutes. We'll meet you on the beach alright?" I stand up and crack my back "ok. Ill see you later, mother".

"I love you, Mickey" she says before I shut the compact. I walk outside and I think it's fairly early in the morning since the sun is just now rising. Now I kind of regret leaving because I have no where to bathe or anything to use to bathe, and I feel sticky and nasty. I scratch my head just standing there like an idiot when I realize I have magic. I let out a small laugh, because if I had remembered that yesterday I probably would have made a bed appear in the cave.

I go back inside the cave and make a full bathroom appear in a corner. After taking a shower and ridding myself of the sticky feeling I had I put on the blue lace dress I made appear with a pair of flats. I walk outside and instead of teleporting there like I had planned, I decide to fly. I begin to float up and turn around looking for the beach, as soon as I find it I begin to fly towards.

I look down at the beautiful landscape below me, and I begin to feel that I'm going to miss this place. It's magical and childish wonder is what made me fall in love with the place, and it's what I'm going to miss the most when I go back to the jungle I call home. As I near the beach I see a ship off in the distance, still on the water. That must be them.

I land on the beach and sit down as I wait for the ship to come ashore. I pick up a stick and start drawing mindlessly, before I know it I've drawn a picture of Peter and I laughing and walking through the park near my house. I sigh and use my foot to make it disappear, what could have been if he came with me.

I feel like I should be more devastated about us ending it for good, but I don't. I feel fine, which is kind of creeping me out because I thought I was starting to love him, but I guess I misread my feelings. I don't understand why he won't come with me, what does he have left here? Any way, it's not my issue any more. The ship comes ashore, and I wonder why my parents decided to bring this gigantic thing; I would have been fine if they brought a row boat. Also, how did they get this gigantic thing here?

A ramp falls from the ship to the beach, and I stand up as my parents appear at the top. I brush sand off my bum as my mother literally runs down the ramp towards me. She brings me into a bone crushing hug as she says "oh my baby! I missed you so much". My father puts his hand on her shoulder as he nears "honey, she can't breath", my mother releases me and I take in several gulps of air. I remind myself never to let her hug me again as I say "you just saw me thirty minutes ago".

"Yes, but I haven't touched you in so long. It's like the day you were born every time I see you" she explains. "She almost killed the same way back then" my father says laughing and my mother smacks his arm. I smile because it's like no time has passed, it's like we were a family all those years we were separated. "Alright, the captain has something's to take care of before we go but we need to get back on the ship" my father says and we all begin to walk towards the ship.

Once on the ship I can see over the tops of the trees, I can even see the roof of Peter's place. I lean on the railing and release a breath, running a hand through my curls. "Where is he" my mother asks from behind me, I turn around and lean back on the railing. I shrug "I don't know", she tilts her head "is he upset with you for leaving?" I nod my head and look down at my flats, "even though your dad and I don't like him, you know you could have asked him to come. If he makes you happy" she explains.