Chapter 47

Peter's reaction to male strippers was nothing short of interesting. His eyes popped wide when he realized that Magic Mike had absolutely nothing to do with magic. I thought he would walk out shocked and slightly disgusted, but instead he looked amused and turned to me with a devilish grin "do you want to help me practice being Samantha's Magic Mike?"

I turned to him as he wiggled his eyebrows, "not funny" I said not liking the idea of Peter stripping for Samantha. He laughed before he picked me up and setting me in his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and whispered in my ear "don't worry. The only girl I would ever strip for is you". I rolled my eyes and said sarcastically "well aren't I lucky to have such a considerate and charming fellow like you" which caused him to laugh.

It's been two weeks since then and Peter and I have been going strong. Peter doesn't let the pap's or the gossipers get under skin. We've gone on a few double dates with Felix and Jasmine as well as Robin and Tyler. Even Niko's daily harassments don't seem to phase us, at this point we're the picture of the perfect boss-like couple.

Until the inevitable happens on a Friday. Ms. Polcampo walks in and announces we have two days until part one of our project is due. Peter and I exchange a look, because until today we've effectively avoided having to do the project with our partners. We've become such complete pro's in the art of avoidance and distractions, that we could teach a class on it.

When the bell rings Peter and I grab our things as Niko and Samantha descend on us at the same time. I stand up and look at both of them "wow, that was very synchronized. Did you two plan that?" Peter snickers and grabs my hand before leading me towards the door. When we step outside the class Niko's voice stops me "alright, but just remember that we pass or fail together".

I throw my head back and groan in frustration before turning around "fine. When do you want to meet". Peter gives me a look and I mumble "I haven't failed a class in my life, I'm not starting now", he huffs but doesn't say anything. "Well, we can meet tomorrow at my house. He has to talk to her" Niko answers with one eyebrow raised in amusement.

"Wait. Why can't they do they're project with us" I ask, "because they'll be a distraction to me" he answers. "I agree" Samantha says, I roll my eyes, of course she agrees. Before I can argue any further Niko begins to walk away as he says "see you tomorrow at two". I stare speechlessly at his back until I hear a sultry "and I'll see you at my place tomorrow".

I whip my head around in time to see Samantha sliding one of her filthy fingers down Peter's chest. I grab her wrist while giving her a full on death glare. When she turns to look at me I throw her wrist back at her side and step between her and Peter. I look her dead in her shameless blue eyes as I say "first; treat him like he's a museum display. You can look, but you can't touch. Second; he won't be at your place, you'll be at mine. Where my mom will watch you like a hawk".

She stands there, silently challenging me with her stare. I stand my ground and glare at her, daring her to try and cross me one more time. Eventually she huffs and turns before walking away, her blonde extensions in tow. I scoff and turn to Peter who's grinning "I like seeing this side of you, it's very attractive".

"She just gets under my skin" I say looking at my shoes. "Maybe I should hang around her more often then" he says and my head snaps up to look at him "don't you even dare". He chuckles at my reaction as he wraps his arm around my waist and steers us toward the car "I was just kidding, Mickey, calm down". I glare at him as he continues to look forward, but I see the corner of his mouth twitch in amusement.

I roll my eyes at him and as my eye catches something I gasp. "What is it" Peter asks alarmingly. I point at the ground "you have no shadow", he scoffs and keeps on walking "duh, Emma stole it. What did you expect". I rush to catch up to him "I didn't think it was your actual shadow. I thought you just called it that because it was all black and shaped exactly like you". He gives me a condescending look as he walks around the car.