Chapter 8

Dedicated to totalySpiced

*Chicago, Illinois

Keith's POV

“What do you mean you're leaving Keith? You can't.”

“Yes, I can Dallas” I reply, packing up my things.

“Dude! What got you in this horrible mood?”

“It's not a what, but a who” I reply.

“Oh? Who was it then?”

I pause and take in deep breaths. Her face kept appearing everywhere. It was all I saw throughout yesterday's meetings.

“Who is this person that has managed to send you packing when you're not done with your business meetings? A foreign investor? Those people are truly unbearable.”

Oh she's not foreign but she certainly is unbearable!

“A girl” Burke tells him.

“A girl?”

I could hear the surprise in Dallas' voice. I move towards my mini bar and get some whiskey.

“A girl” Dallas says. “A girl got you upset.”

“Furious. With her ridiculous wild hair and lame act of bravery” I say, drowning down the drink and filling my glass again.

“A girl got to you? Keith, you?”

“Dallas, what is it that you don't understand? Huh?”

He looks at me with seriousness, and then at Burke. His next action takes me by surprise. He begins to laugh.

Impossible!

I drain my glass and refill.

“A girl” Dallas laughs. “A girl got you to break your no alcohol code!”

I pause, realizing it. I was drinking. After an entire year I was drinking.

And it's because of a girl?

“I have got to meet this girl Burke! I mean she got him to day drink.”

His eyes lit up.

“You're day drinking! You are so history when Kimberly finds out” he laughs.

“I really don't care what she does” I say.

“You don't?” he asks.

“No Dallas.”

He looks at Burke.

“I have got to meet this girl now more than ever man.”

I ignore him.

“But tell me; was she hot?”

“You know, you're disgusting sometimes.”

“Ooh! You're defending her already?! Damn man!” he cheers.

“I don't know what you're talking about” I say.

“Yeah you do. You like her.”

“Dallas she put two of my most skilled men in the hospital. What's there to like?”

“Everything! She's clearly a badass. Just what you need right now. Someone who'll not be afraid to call you out for your shit.”

“I don't need anything Dallas. What I need is to get away from her, you and this crazy town.”