Chapter 16

We hit 4k you guys!
I can't thank y'all enough!
Enjoy! ♥

❀ Noelle's POV

A loud ringing sound goes through my head and I try to open my eyes. It takes a while before I get them to stay open and stop the room from spinning.

Where am I?

I hear something rattle in the room and I turn. A young man was bent over something. I quietly sit up and take a careful look as he stuffs his pocket with a bunch of hundred-dollar bills.

My purse! Is he stealing from me?!

I slowly get up from the bed, making sure not to scare him off. I spot a baseball bat at the boy's feet and very carefully get off the bed and crouch to pick it up.

“Oh, sweet! A black card” the young man chuckles.

Oh hell no!

“This lady is definitely...”.

I stand and press the bat to the back of his head.

“Giving you two minutes to put everything back where you found it” I cut him off.

He drops the card on the table and holds up his hands.

“Ma'am...”.

“Ninety seconds, Johnny Bravo. Don't make me bash you” I warn.

He's about to talk when I press the bat harder to the back of his head.

“Do you need to see blood before you take me seriously?”.

“Okay, okay” he says and begins to put the money back into my purse.

“That's right” I say, watching him empty his pockets onto the table.

I hear voices approaching the door and my father's voice is dominant. I turn towards the door just as he steps inside.

So it's not a dream?

“... to remind me to thank him for fixing it. She'll be so happy when...”.

“Daddy?” I call out.

He looks away from the woman and up at me. The young man tries to use my distraction against me but I'm quick to snatch the bat away from his grip and twist his arm, pinning it to his back.

“Aw, aw, aw, aw!” he cries out.

“I asked you to do one thing” I say to him, shaking my head.

I hear my father chuckle.

“I told you she can handle herself” he says.

The boy whimpers.

“I'm sorry, please... please let me go” he squeaks out.

“No, maybe I should just rip off your arm. That'll teach you to not take what's not yours” I tell him.

“Marsh, she's going to hurt him” the woman my father's standing with says.

He looks at me.

“Mr. Bardot, please” the boy whimpers again.

“Noelle? Please let Henry go”.

I chuckle.

“Why? So he'll keep stealing from others?”.

“I wasn't... I wasn't stealing” he says.

I push his arm further up his back and he screams.

“Okay, okay, maybe” he says. “But it was only six hundred bucks. I didn't think you'd notice, because you have a black card and all”.