Bonus Chapter ♡

❀ Noelle's POV

*Brringgg!* *Brringgg!* *Brringgg!* *Brringgg!*

I frown and roll to my side to turn off the alarm clock but accidentally roll too much and end up hitting the ground.

"I'm awake, I'm awake" I mutter, a yawn engulfing my last few words.

I sigh and get up from the ground, angrily unplugging the alarm from the socket. I drag my tired bones into the shower and take a long hot bath. It was afternoon already and I had to get to the my new job in a couple of hours.

I walk out, dragging my feet as I towel my hair dry, and pick out some clothes. I tie my hair in a low ponytail, get dressed and walk downstairs to warm up some of my dad's carbonara which I'd brought home after eating two plates full.

I smile happily to myself as I wait for the microwave to ding. It does shortly just as my doorbell rings. Then an impatient knock comes on the door.

"Noelle? Are you in there?".

I make a face.

"What do they want now?" I groan, stamping my foot.

The knock comes again, followed by the doorbell twice.

"Noelle are you doing okay, sweetie?".

I sigh and drag my feet to go open the door.

"Noe...".

She trails off as I open the door.

"Oh thank goodness" she sighs, stepping up to hug me.

I gently pat her back and wait for her to let me go.

"I was so worried about you. Are you okay?".

I smile.

"Yes Glay. I'm fine" I answer.

I peep around and make a face.

"Where's Jen?" I ask.

"Oh she's at Phyllis'. They're planning a surprise birthday party for her husband tonight. He also just got promoted at work so we're celebrating double".

I smile.

"That's nice".

"Actually, that's what I came to talk to you about".

"Oh?" I arch a brow and lean against the doorframe.

"Well, I'm in charge of food for the party and I was wondering if you could help me out?".

"Oh, I actually can't. Sorry. I have to be at work in a couple of hours and it's my first day so I can't...".

"Oh, that's okay then. I'll just figure it out on my own. Maybe I'll ask Matt... if I find him" she sighs. “Thanks anyway. And you're invited, of course".

Ohhhhh I'm going to regret this.

"Wait" I call out.

Glay quickly turns.

"How about I do appetizers and dessert and you take care of drinks and the main meal?".

Her brown eyes light up.

"Wait, really?".

I nod.

"Yes, I could really use being around a lot of food rig...".

She squeals and jumps up to hug me.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!".

I chuckle.