Zenitsu X reader

No request but here's a fluff for you Zenitsu simps-

>>><<<

"NO"

Her voice echoed in the butterfly estate. She was just informed she would have to go on a mission with zenitsu. Don't get her wrong, she likes (loves) him a little bit. Hell he may be her crush, but she couldn't go on a mission with him. It was pretty simple.

She was scared of thunder

Whenever he use one of his breaths the sound of thunder would erupt. It was something you couldn't ever deal with. The male felt his heart crack at her reaction and started to tear up. He didn't come out from his hiding spot in fear he'd make it worse. And only watched you and you crow argue.

"You know why I can't go with him! Ask someone else to do it!!"

"CAW! Master has assigned this himself!"

"B-but...I can't...I don't want anyone to know how weak I am.." zenitsu felt a bit of hope reattach his heart at your words. She's just scared she won't be able to slay the demon...just like me...I'LL PROTECT HER!

Oh zenitsu...you do realize that you'll need to use more of the thunder breaths to do that right? Oh well, for the sake of the plot—

You sighed, "f-fine...but don't you dare tell anyone about this!" You threatened. The crow tch'ed, "scaredy cat." It flew off leaving you in a red mess. You started to back inside of the butterfly estate until you saw zenitsu walk in front of you. "Ah! How long were you there?" You asked, still embarrassed from your crow.

Zenitsu gave you an innocent look, "I only got here. Why?" He said. It slightly shocked you how the boy was acting so casually. Usually before missions he'd be begging Tanjiro or yourself to not go. Why was he so confident?

You shrugged, "no reason. Are you ready?" You asked, you dug your nails to try and calm your rushing heart beat. You needed to stay calm. It would only lead to failure if you're this scared before the mission. Zenitsu nodded and nearly gushed, 'jENEIJEJE (Y/N)-CHAN IS TRYING TO ACT STRONG!! SHEJJDJEKE'

You sighed and started to walk out of the estate. "Let's go then..."

BOOM

you jumped nearly 10 feet in the air at the loud thunder. Zenitsu had just tried to attack the demon but missed it's head. He went for another attack making another BOOM ring through the air. Your hands were shaking as you were barely able to hold your sword.

Damnit (y/n)! You need to get yourself together!

"Nufufufufufu! The girl is just shaking in her boots...stop trying to protect her so badly when you're so weak yourself!"

The monster made the fatal mistake and knocked out zenitsu. You gripped your sword harder, "I-...I'm not scared...I'm not scared..." you whispered as you rushed forward, but just as you were about to cut off his neck the sound of thunder scared you into missing. You jumped back and glanced at zenitsu in fear. "Stand back (y/n)..you don't have to be afraid of the demon anymore. I'll kill him."

You blanked, "I'm not scared of him..." you muttered, the blonde was confused but still stayed the demon. You jumped once more at the loud boom.

"(Y/n)-Chan!!" The blonde was now awake and tackled you in a hug. "You defeated your fears!" You stumbled back. "Zenitsu...I'm not afraid of demons.." you said. The boy let go and gave you a confused look. "I'm scared of...you..." you looked away from the male.

Zenitsu grabbed yourself face and made you turn towards him, you saw her teary expression and nearly cried yourself. "I-it's not like that! I'm just scared of thunder!" You blurted out.

Silence surrounded you both as zenitsu paled.

He broke out into a smile, "Don't worry (y/n)-Chan! I'll protect you no matter what!" You returned him smile and gave him a hug. "I believe in you."

Yessir spending my time before practice writing fanfics. Yessir