Kanae X reader

Thanks for the request @pillowWillowTree

Before we start I'll like to thank you all to reaching 1

Before we start I'll like to thank you all to reaching 1.05k reads! I didn't think we'd get so far in such little time— either way thank you for the support and request!

>><<

"Don't worry Kanae-sama! I'll be fine! It's just to see if there's an upper demon not to attack it!"

"I'm serious Kanae-sama! I'll come back safe and sound!"

"Née...I'll send you a letter if anything gets strange...I promise..."

"OKAY OKAY! I'm leaving now! I'll see you Kanae-sama!"

Kanae clenched the letter in her hands, tears soaked the paper as she re-read the letter.

"Dear Kanae-sama

I know this may be weird but I have a feeling this will be the last time I get to talk to you....I saw the upper moon 2 demon and I'm sure he saw me too. I was in disguise but even now I'm sure he's watching me. When...or if...you get this letter I may already be dead. So I'll say what I've always meant to say....

I love you

From your tuskogo, (y/n)

She did get the letter in time. She didn't even read it until she was too late. She knew if she got a letter than you were in danger.

Kanae tucked the letter into her pocket and rushed forward. She ran through the night to the nearby village. She heard the sound of weapon's clashing and immediately rushed to your side to help you. But she wasn't as quick as her sister...

She watched you get striked down by the demon's fan.

The upper demon gave her a look of pity, "oh? Was that someone close to you?" He asked. Hiding his face with his fan. He didn't want her to see the smile he was trying to hide. "She...she's...my student..." Kanae answered as she held you in her arms. "Oh...you did a pretty bad job of teaching her then...she was pretty weak-"

"SHUT UP!" Kanae blurted out the two words in rage. "Kanae...he's right....if only I was stronger then...then.." you coughed up blood. Kanae whipped your mouth. "Don't say that...you'll be back at the state soon with everyone else...we all love you..." you gave her a sad smile. " i knew you didn't feel the same" you said quietly. Kanae gave you a curious look.

"Awe...she already died...that's so sad...she only managed to give me a paper cut on my neck." The demon said. Kanae raised her sword, "I'll...I'll kill you.."

"Don't you want to save your little student? She's already getting towards the point where medicine won't help...you might want to act quickly." The upper moon demon knew you were basically dead. He just wanted Kanae to try her hardest to save you just to die. Because that's real pain.

Kanae looked over to you, then the demon. She put back he sword, "I'm no match for you anyways..." she grabbed your body and ran back to the butterfly estate. But when you stopped breathing she stopped running. "(Y/n)?" She asked. You didn't respond,

"(y/n)?!"

Silence

"(Y/N)!?!"

More silence. Kanae fell to her knees tearing running down her face until she remembered something. The letter! She thought as she pulled out the piece of paper. She read over the words slowly, each sentence hurting her more and more. Until she got to the end...

"I love you too..." Kanae whispered as she clenched the paper. Tears started to soak it as she re-read it.

"I love you so much....I'm sorry...I'm sorry I wasn't a good enough of a teacher...I'm sorry I wasn't here to save you.."

A/n- I just realized I got practice tomorrow until 10—it starts at 4. Wish me luck-