(Birthday special) Kanao X reader

This is not a request. But it's kanao's birthday UwU

>><<

"Hey (y/n)....do you want to go into town?"

Kanao fiddled with her thumbs as she casted her gaze down. It was the dad of her birthday, all she wanted to do was hang out with you. You were very special to her after all. You nervously scratched the back of your neck, "Sorry kan-chan...I got to ...do a mission.." before she could respond you took off leaving the girl there.

Kanao sighed and kicked the dirt off the ground, "it's just...I wanted to spend time with you...it's my birthday anyways..." kanao turned around and walked back into the butterfly estate. Maybe she could get her mind off of it.

As she walked into the estate everyone wished her a happy birthday. But she felt empty. She didn't care about anything anymore but for you to say happy birthday.

That's all she wished for. She loved you even if she's too nervous to say it. Kanao walked back outside the butterfly estate, she was looking for shinobu. Maybe she could hell with the empty feeling. Yet she couldn't find the insect pillar anywhere. There's no hashira meeting today so why isn't she at the estate? It was starting to get dark before she went to the woods.

She started to look through the forest. Maybe shinobu was taking a walk through the forest. But she didn't find shinobu, she found a decorated spot in the forest. All dressed with her favorite colors. She saw you looking like hell. You were leaning against a tree while talking to Tanjiro.

"I just want her to like this...I had to ditch her all this week." She heard you say.

"I'm sure she'll like it!" Tanjiro comforted.

Kanao clenched her shirt before running up to you. She tackled you in a hug tears coming out of her eyes. In surprise you stumbled back but managed to support both of your weight. "K-kanao—"

"Thank you." Kanao said. You smiled and patted her head, "sorry about not hanging out with you. Tanjiro and the others only decided to help today." You said glaring at Tanjiro and the other two who were just now walking up to the place.

Tanjiro paled and waved his hands around in panic, "how were we supposed to know it was for kanao?!" Tanjiro defended. You rolled your eyes. "Who else has their birthday this week?" You asked. Tanjiro sighed,

"happy birthday kanao." "Happy birthday!" "Happy birthday kurno" "Mmf mfh!"

Kanao felt her heart pang. You have yet to wished her a happy birthday. You grabbed her hand and lead her over to the cliff. There she saw the amazing view of a nearby village. But she jumped back when a fire work shot out towards the sky. She turned to you tearing up once more.

You gave her a closed eye smile, "I managed to convince them to set fireworks for you."

That was a lie. You used almost your entire life savings to 'convince' the villagers.

Kanao smirked at you, "thank you." She said. You smiled at her once more,

"happy birthday to the most amazing girl I've ever met."