Tanjiro X child!reader X nezuko

@tsunami_the_Raccon thanks for the request :))

>>><<<

"Uh nezuko...what should we do?"

"Mmm mmm!"

"But what if it gets hurt?"

"Mmm MmmM!"

"...I guess you're right...it'll be safer with us than anyone else."

Tanjiro held his sister's hand and lead her back to the child. It looked up at the two with big eyes, a smile on its face. "H-hi, what's your name?" Tanjiro asked and he kneeled down next to you.

You made no response and only turned to the direction of your house. Tanjiro also turned in the direction, that's when a sudden smell hit him.

"B-b-blood." He whispered, dropping his sister's hand. "Nezuko! Protect the child!" He got out his sword and started running towards your home. When he arrived he recognized another scent along with blood. The smell of the same demon that killed his own family.

Muzan...

He could only look forward in horror at the dead bodies. Each body has a face that was no longer recognizable. But one thing stood out...it was a pile of blood like something had been laying there...and foot steps..

Tanjiro gasped as realization hit him, he bowed towards the bodies, "I'm sorry—" a cough caught his attention. It was from one of the bodies. A woman lifted her head, her eyes clearly showing the pain she was in. Tanjiro rushed got her side and held her head up to help her breath. She coughed once more, "p-please.." she crooked out, "protect...my (y/n)." Her eyes shut as her strength faded away.

Tanjiro held back the tears he had and ran back to nezuko.

+*+

Nezuko held you protectingly from the demon that had tried to slice you apart. "Hey!" The demon whined as he got back up from his failed attack. "I should be the one to eat my sister! Not you!" The demon smirked and started to prepare for another attack.

"Nii...nii-San?" You asked as you reached out for the demon. Nezuko's eyes softened at your expression. It was one completely of fear, "what happened to you?" You asked pulling your hand back.

"Oh your Nii-San just happened to get a bit stronger..now don't you want me to be even MORE stronger?" You stayed silent at your older brother's words. He growled, "you're so fucking selfish (y/n)! Just let me es you! Mom wasn't enough! I need to eat more! More!" The demon licked his lips and charged forward. Nezuko picked you up and jumped away.

Cuddling into the (friendly) demon you let out a whimper. Nezuko's eyes once more softened at you. It was strange to her. You didn't look like her family but she felt a need to protect you. She saw you for you, a little girl with a fear of her brother...

She placed you down and held her arms in front of your protectingly. "Mmm!" She growled, glaring at the other demon. "I was going to let you go...but now you've done it.." he charged forward once more. Only for tanjiro to come over, swinging his sword.

Water breathing: first form surface slice!

His blade sliced off the demon's head making the demon turn to ash. "Nononono! I was supposed to eat her! He said if I ate her...WHY DID YOU GET IN THE WAY!!" Tanjiro felt no sympathy for the demon.

All the demon felt was anger, he wasn't sorry for anything. Not sorry that he was going to kill his sister, not sorry he killed their mother. He only was angry that he didn't get to kill the last of their bloodline.

You peaked out from behind nezuko, tears in your eyes. "Why would he..." you mumbled and you fell to your knees. Tanjiro knelt next to you and rubbed your back, whispering comforting words. His big brother instincts helped you calm down.

Suddenly a crow flew over their heads, "CAW CAW! TANJIRO! YOU ARE TO KEEP (Y/N) (L/N) WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES AND PROTECT HER UNTIL YOU GET TO HEAD QUARTERS! CAW!"

Tanjiro nodded and stood up. Nezuko bent down in front of you with a hum. You looked at her in confusion before climbing in her back, she smiled from behind her muzzle and stood up. Tanjiro laughed seeing nezuko so happy brought joy to him. "I guess you're going to be with us for a while." He said.

"Hmmm Hmm!" Nezuko agreed.

You only nodded as you started to get tired.

"Don't worry! You can sleep now! We'll make sure to protect you!!....imoto-Chan"