||Fifty Four||

Heya lovelies...... I've been able to get back this chapter, hope you will like it as the game kicks off. Thank you, America for being my top readers, followed by UK and Nigeria. Then by beloved country, Kenya and India. Thank you all for sticking around. it's been a hard time trying to write with my mental health deteriorating and another project on the way but I hope you will stick around for the next couple of chapters till the end.

Aurora's apartment was really quiet when I made my way in, everything seemed untouched for days, she really should at least rent it out if she was going to have daily sleepovers at Salvatore's place. But at least the hotel management made sure someone cleaned the place every couple of days. I put my bag down and took out my outfit for the game, which was that night, and all that I needed then headed for the bathroom. Connected my phone to the speaker, with my Jacques playlist on speaker and a bottle of Merlot with me and bath salts in the tub. I was ready to soak in.

An hour in the tub and I was soaked enough but I didn't want to get out just yet so I turned on the hot water tap to increase warmth to my water. My phone started ringing on the stool a couple of meters away. I dried my hand on the towel and grabbed it, looking at the screen, it was Raffael video calling. Thank God I wasn't in any other part of the house or he would know I wasn't in California. Sinking deeper in the tub, I swiped to answer his call. His eyes were wide and mouth open for a moment making me grin, "Hey rookie!" He turned his body to face their lockers so the other boys don't see me naked or me them cause they were changing and stuff. He growled, "why would you answer the phone in the tub? Are you trying to kill us both?" I rolled my eyes ignoring him, "are you excited?" He glared for a minute but let it go and smiled, "I wish you were here." "Me too. Make that touch down with me in mind," I grinned, teasing him. His smile widened, "Of Course." "Better make me proud, rookie!" I blew him a kiss and him being the cheesy man he is, jumped up to catch it before any of his teammates got it and placed the hand to his chest, "I'll see you later. I love you" "love you too," I cut the call short and got out of the tub while at it.

"What the hell?" I glared at the woman who had my suitcase within her reach, throwing my clothes out. Aurora turned her head and stood straight, a grin on her face, "looking for an outfit for you." "I'm wearing his jersey, thank you very much!" I grabbed the jersey on the bed and held it close. She rolled her eyes and threw me a thong and a lacy matching bra. Glaring at her, I loosened my towel and started applying moisturizer on my skin. Nothing weird about that. We've seen each other naked hundreds of times from the kindergarten ages. Anyway, after putting the undies on, I stood looking at her, "now what?" She threw a black singlet my way and ordered me to put it in before putting the jersey on and I did. Then the thick leggings she drew from her closet. Pairing it with my black Nikes and threw on a jacket much to her dismay. Then did my makeup light and let my braids roam free, parting the hairs on the left side, right above my eye. I grabbed my purse, put my phone, lip gloss, and mint in before we headed out.

The traffic was shit but we made it in time for the game, an hour and a half later. Thank heavens for Aurora getting me out of the apartment earlier, my fat ass would've missed the whole game on traffic. I never went to watch Raffael play on the ground, ever, so I didn't know how bad the traffic was, considering how the traffic always is on a daily. "You have my gummy bears?" I hugged Salvatore hello. He chuckled and nodded, leading us to our seats. The place was wild, packed like a truck transporting pigs and extra loud for my liking. Louder than the last game I showed face.

We got a couple of people looking our way and it was getting uncomfortable, seems Aurora and Sal noticed and tried to reassure me, saying not to pay any mind to them, especially those making comments about me. Something clicked in my head and I turned to face Salvatore, "does Raffy know where your seats are?" He shook his head, "Only that we would be on the side of the other Nadelli fans are, which is on this side." True, most of his team fans had the jerseys of the players' names written on the back, like the one I had on, I guess, some of the fans going all the way to face paint and some bodypaint on their bare chests. The crowd was buzzing with excitement, it was slowly sipping in my bones.

"...Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Dallas Cowboys!" I looked back up on the field to see blue uniforms with white stripes running in the field. The crowd welcomed them with their screams and shouts. "...... This man, you wouldn't want to take your eyes off of him, afraid you'll miss the greatness. Rookie of the year! The people's champion, Rafael Nadelliiiii!" The crowd got even louder if that was possible, I barely listened to the rest of his teammates getting introduced, eager to see his fine ass in his uniform. "Ladies and Gentlemen, let's welcome the AFC Champions, the great New York Giants!" the crowd cheered as the team made their way to the field. I had my eyes open for number fifteen and soon as I saw him, my lips curved in a smile. He ran to his team's side, took off his helmet, his forehead in a custom team headband and got on one knee, made the cross sign, and said a short prayer then got up. With grace, he stood and went to the rest of his teammates to warm up, passing the ball here and there and other stuff.

We stood for the National Anthem, sang by Harry Styles then both teams met in the middle with the referee, "Dallas, since you are the visitors, you get to choose, heads or tails?" The Captain chose heads and lucky them, the tossed coin landed with the heads face up. Some words were exchanged and the next thing, Rafael's team was spread out on one half of the field, the other team on the other side and the ball in the middle.

One of the Dallas guys kicked the ball and the game began.