||Forty five||

Hey besties💖💖💖💖
I missed you guys so much.
Sorry for the late update. But I've been having a bit of conflict on how to proceed with the book. I hope you'll like the chapter...
Don't forget to vote and comment

You guys are amazing. And i love y'all.
Bouna notte.

For that night and the next, i locked myself in Auroras apartment. I hadn't shed a tear from the time i walked away from Raffael. I kept telling myself it was useless to cry over spilled milk. 
I tried to sleep, but it was useless with my phone lighting up every damn second. Aurora had given me the apartment for a couple of days, told me to call in case i needed anything, Sal and her would show up right away. Only because i told her i wanted some alone time.
To say she was mad was an understatement. Don't get me started on Salvatore. He wanted to beat up Raffael. And he would. If i let him. Pretty sure Austin had done just that. He called like a hundred times. I shoot him a text said id see him the next day. He said we meet at dads. I took a deep breathe, going in the shower.
Dressed in a pinkish long sleeve shirt, a ragged denim pair of trousers and sandals. I looked like shit. I packed Raffaels shirt together with my other pair of clothes but separately. Grabbed Auroras sunglasses and walked out after locking up. Down the elevator and into a taxi. I gave the driver the address to my fathers town house address.
Thirty minutes later, i was standing in the middle of Manhattan, ready to face my furious family. I smiled at the door man when he opened the door and he tipped his hat. I headed to the elevator and took the ride to my fathers penthouse.
Not one minute after i rang the bell, the door flew open and my mother was engulfing me in a bone crushing hug, "baby!" I closed my eyes and hugged her back, she squeezed me tight, telling me that it was going to be okay.
”Let my little princess breathe, love" my father came to the door, walking slowly with a kane for support. Mom let me go and my father had his arms open. "Daddy!" I quickened my steps to reach him and hug him.
He rubbed my back, not saying a word, then pulled away, "let's go eat."
I followed him down to the dining room, mom behind me. Ace looked at me, his brows scrunched in concern. His daughter, Rosa saw me and grinned, running her short legs towards me, "Aunt Lia!" I grinned back and held her up in my hands, she squealed laughing when i spun us round a couple of times.
"Woah, i see three daddys and mommies!" She giggled, holding onto me to keep her footing from the air drunkenness.
Ace took her in his arms and kissed my forehead, "how are you, sis?"
I forced a smile, "I'm good."
"Bullshit! How are you really?" He demanded?
His girlfriend Lisa, gave him a look then smiled at me, giving me a hug, "sweety, don't mind him too much, you're his only sister. He worries about you." I smiled at her, "i know."
I sat down, ignoring all of their gazes, "roasted potatoes, fun!"
I scooped some and put them on my plate, sprinkled them with a little salt and sauce.
They all sat in their respective places and served their food.
Silently we all dove in our foods until my father cleared his throat, "Emilianna, i got you a ticket to LA, first class and all." I looked at him then my mom, who was nodding, "take it sweetheart, get out of New York for a while. I know you say you're alright but your heart is broken. I was there, i know how it feels to be betrayed by the man you love."
She looked at my father guiltily, he smiled at her sadly and squeezed her hand to mean he understood what she meant, "and I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you for the heartache i caused you."
I was silent, munching on my food, I didn't have to burden Aurora anymore, i should get out of her hair so she could have her apartment back. And LA is home anyway.
"When is the flight?" I cleared my throat.
Ace was shaking his head no and my mom smiled encouraging. "Early tomorrow, by seven."
I nodded and continued eating, the silence broken with Rosa, telling us about her day at school. We talked a bit about everything, Ace and Lisa, mom and dad, my book, everything. Then Ace gave me a ride back to the hotel as he was taking his family home.
I waved and walked in, not feeling like riding the elevator, i took the stairs slowly, twelve plus floors, i stopped counting really when i was half way. The first thing I'm doing when i get to LA is sign myself up in a gym.
I was blowing the air through my mouth, panting hard when i finally made it to my floor.  And i was almost tempted to take the stairs back down.
Rachael scrambled to his feet, a bouquet in his hands. He looked good. Dressed in a peach tight fitting shirt, and black pants that hugged his tonned thighs, he was standing a few meters away from me, with his hair on his face, i was tempted to push it back with my fingertips, he always liked that.
I miss him.
"Bunny..."
And that brought me back to reality, my haze hardened, but i ignored him.
I could tell he wanted to make a comment on the fact that this was his family investment.
I went around him and looked through my purse for the keys.
"Just give me a minute, please!" He said.
I merely nodded, my head in my bag looking for the keys.
"I... I don't know what to say. I was stupid and i miss you and..."
"Your time is almost up Delucca,  " i told him putting the key in the hole and twisting it. I opened the door.
"Bunny, i love you! Please forgive me!"
That first statement had me turning to face him, "you love me? You love me? Why is that so hard to believe?"
"I know i messed up but.."
"But nothing! But nothing, Raffael! You don't hurt the people you love! You care for them and protect them! You love yourself and that car that you won. Maybe you could take me on a ride on it one day when i finally come to terms that the man i loved used me to win a stupid bet!"
One foot inside and he grabbed my hand, his warmth radiating from his touch, "bunny wait!"
"What more do you want, Raffael? I gave you my heart and you trampled on it."
"You said the man you 'loved'. You don't... You don't love me anymore?!"
"I don't know! Goodbye Raffy!" I choked up a whisper and closed the door behind me.
Goodbye Raffy.