||Twenty||

“I don’t know if I want to go on this stupid vacation with you guys,” I grunted, throwing my body weight on my bed. Rafael followed me to my room, “why not?” he crossed his arms over his chest, making his muscles bulk up and very prominent. “what do you mean, why? You know why. They will be there. ” I signed and pulled myself in a sitting position and resting my back on the headboard.

Aunt Gia and my mom had this stupid idea of both of our families going on a two-week vacation on some island in Europe. I would love to, trust me, but after I heard that Jules and Adam would be joining in, I wanted out. I just couldn’t. plus this thing with Rafael is a bit dangerous if you ask me. The can swoon a grandmother out of her granny panties.
And I’m scared that I might end up falling for him and that will ruin me because this is just a game to him. All for his career and mine, somehow. Because once we announce our engagement, it might increase my book sales, probably and I will be more famous than I am. Not that I care about fame cause my pen name is definitely something I don’t talk about a lot. “And that’s a bad thing, why? I thought you were over him,’’ he said, raising a brow.
“I am,” I glared. “but that doesn’t mean I want to spend time with them.”

He moved closer and sat at the edge of the bed, took my hands in his, “it’s going to be alright. I’ll be there with you and we’ll show that bastard what he’s missing on.” He kissed the inside of my hand and took a ring from his pocket. I gasped, “is that?” He nodded, “mama wanted you to have it. It used to be hers and now it belongs to you.” I snatched my hands from him, “I can’t accept this Raphy. This is too much. It’s just an act, remember?”  He signed, his eyes flashing with hurt before it disappeared, “It will look more real if you wear it. Everyone expects a ring on an engaged woman, I was to get one from the store but mama couldn’t have it that way.”

My heart skipped to my mouth at the intimate position we were in, his face so close to mine, his eyes on mine, his breath on my exposed neck, his hands on mine, sliding the ring on my finger. I don’t know what happened, but before I realized what I was doing, I had learned in and crashed my lips on his. His body went still and I was already regretting making the move on him. I pulled away and snatched my hand away from him. “I’m sorry-” I was hardly breathing the words when he lunged forwards and crashed on me, his one hand on my neck the other in my hair. His lips tasted like the chocolate pancakes we had for breakfast. Yummm. I put my hands on his shoulders, moving them up and down softly.  He bit my lip and dragged it with his teeth. I moaned in his mouth and squeezed his biceps, his tongue fucking my mouth. I pushed my body up to meet him and he grunted gladly. The sound strangled in his throat made me wet my panties.

Cough! Cough! I wasn’t coughing, neither was Rafael because he had his lips on mine. My eyes snapped open and looked at the door before pushing Rafael away. My brother was standing there, too uncomfortable, his eyes glaring at Rafael, I guess it’s hard for him to accept that his best friend is my fiancée.
Fake Fiancée.
He looked away and cleared his throat, “could you not… do that when I’m here?! It’s still weird to get used to this madness.” Raf moved away from the bed and I was instantly cold, he kissed my forehead and said he’d be in the living room, but he really wanted to give Ace and I some alone time to talk.
Ace signed and closed the door as he got in. He sat at the edge of the bed, reluctantly, eyeing the sheets. I looked at him in amusement, before it dawned on me, he thought we had had sex on the bed. I laughed and shake my head, “the sheets are clean.”

His lips cracked into a small smile and he got a little more comfortable. “You know I still don’t understand what you’re doing with that fool?” I opened my mouth to talk but he raised his hand to silence me, meaning he was still talking. “You haven’t been dating. I know that for sure, so what the hell is going on here? And don’t even think about lying to me Emiliana. Talk to me.”
He had his big brother mode on again and his face so serious, I was getting scared. I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes, brushing my hands on my face, to my curls. Then turned back and looked at him. Concern was brewing in his eyes and it made me want to punch myself, my brother and I have always been close, we have never kept things from each other, this is the first time I have actually kept something from him, and I understand his hurt. Even when our parents split, we had each other's backs, but it was more like, he had my back. I had always been daddy’s little girl and it was a hard blow for me when their separation happened, I always thought they’d get over their differences and we’d be the happy family that everyone always thought we were. But daddy didn’t leave his girlfriend, and mom couldn’t take it anymore. And I don’t blame her for filing the divorce. But it hurt that daddy chose that gold digging bitch over me and mom. And from that time, even though I would spend some school holidays with dad, it was never the same. It’s like he doesn’t want anything to do with us anymore. And Ace took his role and became the father figure I needed, even though he is just a few years older than me.
“Promise you won’t be mad,” I said, thankfully without stammering.

He nodded his head. I gave him a pointed look, he rolled his eyes and muttered the whole, ‘I promise not to be mad.’ Then he added, “and if I should be mad it would be at him, not you.” I fixed my pointed look and he signed, “fine.”
“We’re not exactly engaged,” I said.
“As if I didn’t know that” he scoffed. “But you’re dating.”
I looked down at my hands and kept quiet. “Then what the fuck did I walk in on with him on top of you?” I could feel his heated glare on my downcast face. Then I looked up at him and matched his glare, “it’s none of your business what goes on in my love life.” He glared hard, “it does when you’re whoring around with my best friend.” And regret filled his face the moment those words were out of his mouth. I tried to fight the tears that were pricking my eyes, “I think you need to leave.” He put his hands on mine, “Em i-” I snatched my hands away it was as if he burnt me, “please leave, Austin. Get the fuck out!” I shouted. I looked away and crossed my arms across my chest. Fast footsteps were coming closer to the room and the door flew open, “Is everything okay in here?” Rafaelo’s voice filled the silent room. “Em, I’m sorry.” “Everything’s fine, your best friend was just leaving. You should too. I don’t want to be whoring around with my brother’s best friend.”
We said at the same time. “What?” Rafael looked at me then at Ace. “Y’all should leave. I have packing to do.” Austin tried to move closer to my bed, “I’m so sorry Em, I didn’t mean to insult you.”
“Me too. Austin, please leave,” I said and moved without looking at him and headed to the bathroom, “close the door on your way out.” I closed the bathroom door and slid to the floor, my emotions getting the best of me, with my hands on my knees, I placed my head on them and balled my eyes out.
I didn’t realize I wasn’t alone in the bathroom until I felt a hand lead my head on a masculine shoulder, mint, and chocolate, I kept my eyes closed and smiled sadly, “I don’t want to be one of those whores you mess around with, Raphy.” “You’d never be. I love you as you are, bunny.”
I snorted, “you don’t get to say that. I don’t even love me to start with.”
“Then I’ll teach you to love you as much.”