||Fifty two||

@cenqoko ♥♥thank you for the love.
And all the love from the rest of you guys.. Thank you esp for y'all who vite for each and every chapter. I love you guys so much.

He got down on his knees in front of me, his hands resting on my thighs, looked me straight in the eye, "Emiliana, im so fucking sorry about the other day at the hospital. I wasn't myself since i saw you fall off the hospital building that night. I know. It's no excuse for everything i said. I hurt you. And im so fucking sorry
, Bunny!"
"You were hurt, i understand. People act out when they are hurt, " i told him.
He laughed, no humor traced in his voice, "i pushed you away. I should have been there. I should have been there for you, comforting you for both of us for our daughter. And i had fucked up even before then. But... I don't know.... The thought of loosing you, bunny, has been killing me since that day you came to watch me play."
I watched as he rubbed his stubble, "Raffy..."

“I know. I did this. We’re where we are because of me. Because I wasn’t the man you needed. And worse than that, I couldn’t even see what I was doing or what it was going to cost me. I was so wrong.”
I looked back to him then, the pain in his eyes making my ache almost as much as the words themselves. “But what you said, bunny, you were wrong too.”
Wrong to love him?
“To fall in love with you?”
It had never been part of the plan.
But I had the biggest crush on him since we were kids and after i finally let him go, Adam came in my life and he was everything i loved until he left me for my cousin.
And life threw me back in the hands of the famous quarterback.
“No. Christ, not that. Never that.”
“Then what?”
“I’m talking about what you said the other night, the night of the party” he answered gruffly, wincing as if the memory of that night was too much for him.
I didn't want to remember it either.
It was the beginning of the end of Raffael and I's relationship.
“I swear to you, what we had wasn’t a lie. We were real. Everything I felt and still feel for you is real. You have to believe me, Bunny.”
I held my breath and waited for him to continue talking.
“God knows how long I've been in love with you. That night i was drunk and i had seen a picture on your facebook, remembering the past year and there you were with that asshole Adam, smiling, and it pissed me off. The guys in the team knew how i had it bad for you. They all did. That's why he made the bet, because he was sure you would never fall for an asshole like me. And i accepted so that i don't know..So if in the end, somehow, you turned me down or left me, I could pretend it wouldn’t be the world-shattering devastation. So I could say I’d known what I was getting into and maybe not feel like such a fool. Because I'd have the car to console me.” He scoffed, probably disgusted with himself.

There was my answer.
This is sad.
"Raffy... Why would you think that?" I asked him.
"No one really ever wanted me until i started playing, got famous and all that. But i know you're not like that, so maybe you'd get tired of being with me with all the paparazzi shit every other day and leave me. And i knew it would crush me."
He wiped the stray tears on his face and took my hands in his, "but that's all in the past, bunny. I'm a changed man. I went to therapy, anger management and everything." He raised my hands to his lips and kissed them, once, twice, "i love you Emilianna, i really do. And im going to fight for you. For us. No matter what it takes."
I shook my head, tears filling my eyes, "i can't do this Raffy. It's too late." He held onto my hands, the muscles of his jaw flexing, "maybe it is. But that doesn't mean i give up. I screwed up real bad. And i made you feel like shit. And i want to change that and show you that i am a better person now. But if you don't want me, I'll understand. But i have to try, bunny. For you. For us. For everything that we've had and we could have."
I shook my head, the tears now spilling again, "i don't want to hurt you, Raffy. That day in the hospital, it broke me to know i caused you so much pain. I don't want that to happen again."
He kissed my wrists one by one and wiped my tears with his thumbs, "it won't. Because we're going to be there for each other. Please bunny. I don't want to be that man that lets the best thing in his life walk away cause he didn't try hard enough."
I wasn't sure if I could do this again and have my heart ripped out of me and stomped on the ground, "what do you want?"
"One chance, amore. One chance to show you that i can be the man that you need and deserve."
It didn't sound like much. One more chance.
"What happens if i say no?"
Raffael closed his eyes and ran one hand in his hair, shook his head and laid it on my left knee as if he was bracing himself for the worst thing to come, "then I'll always just kiss you on the cheek whenever we're both present in the same functions, brunch, Christmas, you name it. And if you bring a date,  " he blew a frustrated breathe, "I'll greet him, and squeeze his hand, make sure he knows how to take care of you, like i should have."

Before i realised it, a small giggle escaped from my lips and he smiled slightly, "all in all, i will respect your decision, baby girl. Always. Because all i live for from here and out, is your happiness."
All i know is that, I've been happier with Raffael than I've been with anyone else my whole life.
"One chance?" I asked him.
"Just one last chance is all i ask for, baby. One last chance."
"If you break my heart..."
"I don't plan on it. Your bed, probably, or drawer but not your heart. Your heart is the most priced possession I've had the chance of touching, well, almost."
I giggled and smacked his arm, "you perv!"
"Do i get one more chance?" He smiled, looking unsure.
"You have your one chance, Raffael Delucca."