Saved by the Bell

"ATTACK! ATTACK!" The distant cries sounded in the distance.

"We have to go, I'm sorry Annabeth,"

"Okay," she she agreed, disappointment evident on her face.

"Do you want a lift?"

"That would help thanks,"

I caught her up, bridal style then flew towards the armoury, demigods and hunters alike were suiting up. Some running off towards the fight.

"What's happening?" I asked a random Athena camper.

"Monster attack, we can't get a good estimation because there's very thick mist around it,"

"Thanks," I nodded and he ran off.

I briefly spotted Annabeth, drawing up diagrams with her siblings. Once they had agreed on a defence, they grabbed some of the campers and spread the word. I caught the general gist of the plan, spread our forces along the border mainly focused on the area where the monsters were attacking.

The strongest legions would be attacking the monsters, as well as the stronger greek fighters. Archers and hunters alike would be further back or in the air using the Eagles.

I took, off, flying towards Half-Blood Hill.

Like the last time, it was shrouded in mist, distant clanging noises could be heard, shouts and cries, snarls and yells. I saw where the Chaos soldiers were fighting a bunch of monsters and dropped down with them.

Luke (not drunk) stabbed another hellhound, "nice of you to join us," he yelled as he decapitated a Cyclopes.

"Your welcome," I yelled back as I sliced a monster into two.

We kept fighting, the monsters numbers seem to thin, however something was off. All of the monsters seemed to be extremely agile, and well trained.

"Somethings wrong!" I yelled out to the others.

"Now isn't the time," Luke yelled back.

I stabbed another monster whilst trying to figure out what was wrong.

Then I realised it.

These weren't monsters.

"Stop!" I cried.

A monster tried to attack, on instinct I stabbed it.

Then the mist was lifted.

Clouded eyes cause them to shriek,
And lose a loved one at their peak.

I looked into the dying eyes of Annabeth Chase.

Put down your pitchforks please!

ALL WILL BE EXPLAINED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.

FOR OLYMPUS!