Capture Your Ass - Part 1

In the days following my talk with Marina, the camp started training for the war. Within two days of notifying them, Camp Jupiter arrived. Setting up where they did in the war with Gaea. Artemis' hunters also arrived, they almost matched some of the weaker Chaos soldiers in archery. Almost.

With the combined groups of demigods and hunters, tensions were high. To ease them, there would be nightly competitions. Archery, spear throwing, swordfights, games. The golden laurels were a highly sought over prize.

I'll admit, I often kept the Chaos soldiers out of them. Unless if there were scores to settle, then we would hold the golden laurels for another night... Again.

However, out of all the nightly games, the most looked forward to one had to be capture the flag.

This was one game the Soldiers couldn't resist, alliances were formed and broken within days. Everyone fought over who would be with the Chaos soldiers.

We would often let them fight, choosing the most needed out of them all. Fortunately that wasn't much.

The only alliance I was willing to make was with the Athena cabin. However, due to relationship ties with the Poseidon cabin, the Athen cabin was not a willing ally.

The Poseidon cabin, seems like my dad had some more affairs with women. The Poseidon cabin now had a healthy amount of eight inhabitants (including the never-present, Tyson). Dillan, being the cabin leader refused any alliance or connection to the Chaos soldiers, even though it would often leave him on the losing team. Much to his cabin's obvious annoyance.

Today was Friday, currently the Hunters held the laurels after the Thursday archery competition. Which had ended in a brawl, the Apollo and Phoebus campers got in a brawl, some of them were suspended from tonight's games and others had more Roman forms of punishment.

We were all seated at the dining pavilion, which had been extended for the new intake of campers. There was a quiet buzzing atmosphere, everyone spoke in hushed tones like the slightest word might give tactical plans away. Despite the no switching tables rule, allies sat together passing whispered jokes or plans.

Tonight the Chaos soldiers were fighting alone, the remainder of the camp had been filed into three other teams. Athena, Hephaestus, Poseidon and Aphrodite teamed up with the Second and Fifth Legion. Zeus, Demeter, Hestia, and Apollo had teamed up with the First Legion. Hades, Ares, Hermes, Dinoysus and the Hunters had teamed up with the Third and Fourth Legions. The smaller gods were scattered among the teams.

A formidable enemy, however, the team with the most flags at the end of the game would win. The game would last until all four flags were on one side, or until the Praetors and Chiron decided that it was time.

The Chaos soldiers weren't afraid, we had sent invisible scouts to find the general planning of the other teams. The Athena cabin was going to play the traditional two party plan; send in a distraction team (the Second and Fifth Legions) and then send send in a smaller team to take the flags (mixture of Athena's, Poseidon's and Aphrodite's best fighters). Although they would be playing offence for most of the game, they planned a somewhat strong defence. Having Aphrodite and Poseidon campers using their charmspeak and water defences for the river boundary.

The creek, (using abilities) had been redirected, so now the forest was in fourths. The Athena team took the Fireworks Beach side, using the denser forest to their abilities.

Zeus' team had the side closest to camp, having thinner forestry to deal with. They were going to use brute force, constant offence on the Athena team. Leaving their flag majorly undefended. They would probably be the easiest team to attack.