What Have I Done?

Chapter 5:

*Percy POV*

It all went downhill from there.

Normally having not one, but two new siblings would make me "over the moon", but something was different about them. They often huddled together whispering to each other, would take no interest in activities. They barely interacted with the other campers. Sometimes Marina would upset Dilan and he would hack away at dummies for hours on end. Sometimes I would watch without getting noticed, throwing random tips to the defenceless style.

Dilan fought with a sword, but he didn't know how to use it, he would hack away at the torn shreds. Insistent never to use the mechanical dummies which were used by the experienced campers.

Marina fought with her abilities, every day she would stand on the edge of the lake and concentrate on forming shapes out of the liquid. She was more open to me than Dilan, but they both hid a dark secret that I decided to ignore.

Then it happened. Exactly a week after Dilan's arrival, a scream erupted into the early morning air. Sensing that someone was in trouble, I rushed to the dining pavilion where I was sure the source of the cry had come from.

A new camper, a daughter of Athena, sobbed at the feet of a dead body.

The shirt was torn; a bloody mess, on the chest was the words;

I am the Hero of Olympus.

"Oh my gods, look at that," Dilan pointed to a shape on the neck.

On his neck was a odd shape, then I realised what it stood for; a trident.

"Hero of Olympus, one of the seven right?" Annabeth pieced the information together, "a trident, Poseidon, Per-" she stopped herself before she said his name.

My name.

I heard Chiron come up behind me, another, stronger presence, indicated that a god had just arrived.

"Percy," I heard my father whisper behind me, "what have you done?"

Now I'm getting to where most Chaos/ betrayed books start, apologies for the slow start. I didn't like the "instant flashback" which gets five chapters over and done with in one really big paragraph.

Please comment for names of the chapters.

FOR OLYMPUS!