I Get On the Good Side of the Drunk Dude

Chapter 14:

*Percy POV*

The campers were shocked, Annabeth and Dilan stood. Unspidered and non-flamed.

It was all just an illusion.

I took that distraction to disarm them and hold my sword and another dagger (not Annabeth's). Annabeth's fists clenched, she didn't like being outsmarted. Dilan was still batting at his arms, trying to extinguish non-existent flames.

"I believe I win," I said smugly.

Annabeth's teeth clenched, her fists tightened, her eyes slitted like an owl's.

"It was not a fair fight! I, Annabeth Chase, challenge you to a weapon fight, no special abilities, nor magic used,"

I gasped, feigning mock surprise, "no special abilities! Well that's boring,"

"I like this kid," Dinyoisus muttered, "he has style,"

"Well daughter of Athena, I accept your challenge,"

"Good," she snarled, "and it's Annabeth,"

She readied herself in a stance, a dagger in both hands; one imperial gold, another dragon bone engraved with silver.

From one of the bands that circled my boot, I pulled out a long silver object. It resembled a silver arrow minus the shaft. It was the length of my forearm and was as thin as a hair. To the untrained eye it was practically invisible.

I had designed the weapon myself and named it the καταψύκτης or the Freezer. Yondu had a later design but with a different purpose. The Freezer paralysed the target, all it needed was a simple whistle-activated command and a drop of drawn blood from the target.

Some of the Chaos soldier chuckled darkly, Luke make a tsk tsk sound. Campers shot worried looks at the soldiers.

Annabeth's stance faltered for a moment but she quickly recovered.

With a single whistled note Freezer drifted from my hand. With another it shot towards Annabeth. Luckily for her, it only grazed her shoulder. However, the serum took effect and she was now frozen.

"Annabeth!" Dillan cried. Another shrill whistle and Dillan was frozen in his state of shock, his fingers reaching out for her.

I unsheathed Revenge, and in that moment, decided to give them a lesson.

"This is ήρωας εκδίκηση in English it means Hero Revenge. This blade is interesting, forged from Chaos metal, it contains the essence of the remains of some of the faded primordial gods. A single touch to an enemy of the wielder would cause the enemy to fade... Forever."

A chill settled over the camp, forever really was a long time.

I slaughtered over to Annabeth, and took the two daggers from her clenched hands. For a second, I examined them and then tossed them to the other side of the arena. Then I walked over to Dillan took his sword from him and threw it into the ground, the tip grazing his boot.

I backwards away from them, "I believe I win... Again,"

And with that, I walked out of the arena.

...

It took a long time for the Camp Half-Blood inhabitants to come to terms of how their two best fighters had been so easily disabled. Even though none of them wanted to admit it, they were amateurs compared to what the soldiers could do. This, of course, spurred them to train harder.

The Chaos soldiers and I trained aswell, unfortunately not as hard as before. They spent most of their time training the campers.

Dillan had a hissy fit after he regained control over his body again. Constantly brooding and snapping at anyone who tried to reason with him. Annabeth avoided me, but I often found her staring at me from a distance.

Unlike Annabeth, Dillan didn't control his anger, he lashed out upon the weaker campers.

And that's where I found him.

A smaller girl with golden hair was rushing towards the big house after emerging from the Athena cabin. In her arms she held scrolls and folders of important looking items. Dillan had gathered a group of buddies, of which they looked like they wanted to pick a fight. All of which were probably from the Ares cabin.

"Oi midget!" Dillan called out to the girl. From my position in the trees, I growled. Readying for a fight.

The girl ducked her head even lower and ran faster.

Dillan caught up with her in a few long strides, and pushed her over, "when I call out to you you stop. When I say jump you say how high. Got it?"

The girl looked to be on the verge of tears, Dillan bared his teeth and dragged her by the scruff of her neck. He feet brushed the ground as he dragged her towards the lake, he goonies laughing among themselves. Concealing myself from sight, I followed. It took every inch of my willpower not to knock these guys out.

A small gathering of bystanders guiltily followed, among them I saw no Chaos soldiers.

Still training.

Dillan was yelling the the girl's ear when I spotted him again. Water began to curl around the girl's feet.

"Please, stop," she cried several times.

Dillan turned and addressed the crowd, "We have an odd one here, daughter of Athena, yet not afraid of spiders, no, she's afraid of water,"

"No!" The girl choked out.

"Let's see what happens when you face your fears,"

The water snaked up the girl's torso and started to formed a sphere of water. She began to scream.

"Not today," I dropped from the sky, my wings extended. Several of Dillan's goonies backed away.

I sent small, metal spheres flying at Dillan and his goonies. Small threads erupted from the balls and wrapped themselves around the target. Turning away from the screaming idiots, I turned to the girl's sphere, which had just fully formed. I tapped a finger against the smooth surface and it turned to liquid again.

The girl fell into my arms, sobbing.

"Are you ok?" I whispered into her shoulder. She nodded and after a few moments she smiled a thanks and whispered;

"My guardian angel,"

Soooooo, tensions are rising in camp, pretty intense right? Not really.

I had written out the chapter, which took forever, and then it deleted. Of which I was not happy and extremely unmotivated. Don't worry, the next chapter will be a bit lighter.

Thanks to Prettykitty23, even though your dedication was on another chapter, this one can also be dedicated to you. You are what motivated me to post this chapter.

FOR OLYMPUS!