I Make a Demigod Pancake *

Chapter 7:

A/N: I was listening to Mad World on repeat while I wrote the first quarter of this chapter.

*Percy POV*

I fell through the sky, wind ripping through my hair, wind spirits solidified and watched in horror as I fell to my death. Riptide was torn from my fingers, flipping hilt over blade. If I wasn't killed on impact, Riptide would most likely impale me.

I could imagine the glee of the gods and demigods when they found my remains on the sidewalk.

Except for a few.

"I'm worried about you seaweed brain," Thalia pulled me aside, shortly before my trial. Her eyes were full of worry and sympathy. Dressed in her hunter's gear, she looked like a gothic princess, ready for battle.

"Please don't worry," I replied, my voice cracking. It would be best if they let go sooner, just to avoid pain.

"Remember me, Nico, Hazel, Frank, Grover, heck, even Clarisse are on your side, we just-"

"It's ok, I understand," I said. Thalia couldn't betray her father as well by siding with me, they would be seen as spies. Traitors. Then they would be exiled.

Murderer.

The scar burned into my skin.

"That idiot Annabeth will realise her mistake when it's too late,"

"She won't admit it though, pride has been her fatal flaw,"

"I'm sorry Percy, about your fate," Thalia said, her voice catching and walked away when my escort had decided time was up.

I'm sorry too Thalia.

Darkness danced at the edge of my vision and as I fell...

...To the floor, oof, I grunted, scrambling to my feet and realising that I wasn't falling to my death.

A dark figure stood before me, cloaked in galaxies, shooting stars streaked across the fabric. His face was clouded in shadow.

"I am Chaos," the man said.

I resisted the urge to say, 'yes you are' but said something even more intelligent, "... So I'm not dying?"

"If dying counts as falling through the sky below Olympus, then yes, you are dying,"

"So why am I here? And how am I here?" Still wondering if I was a demigod pancake yet. I was no Annabeth but surely I would've hit the ground by now.

"It's the dreamscape Perseus, but every minute here is a shorter time in the Physical world,"

"You know my name?"

"Yes Perseus, I have an offer I would like you to consider. Would you like to join my army as Commander?"

I honestly wanted to say yes, but something stopped me, Chaos took this a sign of reluctance and continued hurriedly, "you would be given immortality, power to assist you on your adventures, you can chose your warriors, from the dead if you please,"

I was instantly suspicious, a chance this great would have a catch, "what's the catch?"

"No catch, all I ask of you is loyalty,"

I grinned, the first time in days, "then I accept, I don't think I'd prefer to be a demigod pancake anyway,"

"Not a demigod anymore Perseus, a god,"

With that, I was torn from my dream, the skyscrapers closer than they were before. A portal of Chaos energy opened, a dark star shape, with glimmering objects, lining the sides which I noticed as stars.

I fell through the portal and landed on the dark flooring with a grunt.

"Welcome to the Chaos realm, Commander Perseus Jackson,"

...

Chaos was sitting on his throne of silver, visions of stars exploding, imploding, joining and separating played out on his throne. In fact, the entire room was like so, shooting stars flew underneath my feet. Galaxies swirled in a massive masses of stars, I spotted what I thought was the Milky Way Galaxy spinning in Chaos' palm.

When he spotted me he smiled and let the Galaxy in his palm drift to the space above him where it joined a few other Galaxies hanging out. I wondered if Galaxies like hanging out, what would they do on their Friday nights?

"Commander Perseus Jackson," Chaos stood up and lifted his hood, revealing a kind, pale face with inky hair.

Other people I couldn't name talked among themselves, each different in their own way. I spotted a woman with what looked like a golden pizza on her head.

"Uh, just Percy," I said, dumbfounded at the state of the throne room, Annabeth would love this place.

Annabeth.

Stop it Percy, she hates you.

"Percy?"

I yelped, then silently cursed as Chaos and his court looked at me confused, "er, nothing,"

Chaos gave me a weird look, and advanced towards me. He put his hands on both of my shoulders.

"I Chaos, creator of the universe, father of life and the beginning of existence, raise Perseus Jackson to the rank of Commander of the Chaos army and Leader of the Elite Angel Division."

Elite Angel Division?

"I, Chaos, duplicate and bestow my primordial powers on Perseus Jackson, Commander of the Chaos army and Leader of the Elite Angel Division,"

A silvery glow emitted under Chaos' fingers, pain seared through my body. Every molecules of my flesh turned to fire, I was about to collapse under the pain but it receded in time.

"You may now choose your immortal soldiers,"

This part has been edited as of 02-02-15