I Meet Dad

Chapter 11:

*Percy POV*

"Who are you?" She snarled, threatening me with a knife. I looked into the half-crazed eyes of what was once Annabeth chase.

Dilan had suggested that "to prove the soldiers loyalty to us, they must do sentry duty," all of the campers had agreed. Which was fine by me, but, then she followed me while I was on duty.

"Miss Chase," I reasoned, "your petty knife will not hurt me, it's probably best you put it down and walk away now,"

"Not until you tell me who you are," she snarled and pressed the dagger closer to my throat.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. In a quick movement, I disarmed her and had her pinned to the ground.

"You should leave now," I snarled. And she gave a muffled response that sounded like, "ok whatever," or "never," or even, "eat my pants!"

I let her stand, she didn't run away in fear, or tackle me, instead she just stood there. Her eyes softened, "the Chaos soldiers travelled around the Galaxy right?"

"Yes," I turned away from her.

"Did you come across, or meet a guy named Percy Jackson?" Her voice broke on the last few words.

I paused before formulating the story that I had even convinced my self into believing, "Yes we did, he was in our division for some time, always very dark and brooding, he held a lot of hate and resentment. However, most of all he was full of guilt, he died a few days ago, charging an army of ten thousand alone. Just so we could get out alive,"

I turned back to Annabeth, in the ghostly light, tears were streaming down her face. She hastily wiped them away and ran back to camp.

A deep welt of guilt formed in my chest, here I was, discussing my death.

I wanted to run after Annabeth, to tell her I was right here and that I loved her and that I was the one to blame.

But I didn't.

The resentment towards them for casting, disowning me was too strong. For that moment it made me stand firmly rooted to the ground.

...

I walked along the border, checking that the sentries were awake and not slacking on the job. There were sentries every half-mile, the extra precautions were needed. Monster attacks had increased rapidly, often, a few monsters would gather and try to prey on the new demigods coming to Camp Half-Blood.

I reached the fireworks beach, where a handful of memories came back at me; laugher, love, a kiss.

The memories quickly disappeared when I noticed the state of the water.

It was a dark, oily mess, full of pollution. You got the sense that if you dipped your toe in there it would burn off.

Despite this quickly formed opinion, I scooped up a handful of the liquid. The colour quickly changed, from a murky, deep blue to a clear substance that trickled out of my fingers and back into the sea.

Even though my control over the sea was severed when Poseidon disowned me. I found that I still had certain abilities over the substance, like breathing underwater.

A green glow emitted from the sea. I mentally cursed.

Lord Poseidon was approaching.

This is a bit of a short and slightly quaint chapter, please comment.

Names of chapters, dedications for those who do the best chapter name by next week.

FOR OLYMPUS!