Chapter 9: What are we?

*Emma*

Ever since that day we kissed we have been hanging out more often. Although we hadn't kissed or done anything like a couple. I told Selena and even she thought it was odd that nothing has happened since then. It is now almost the start of summer and I was ready to bring out my bathing suits and short shorts.
Today we decided to have a barbecue at my house. I invited Selena, the boys of 1D, their girlfriends, and a couple of my other friends.
I dressed in a full length bathing suit that was a tan color. I was sitting my the pool just wanting to think and relax. A hand touched my bare back and sat down next to me.
"What are you doing over here? Everyone is inside getting food." Harry told me. "is everything alright?"
"Yeah. I'm just thinking." I told him still staring at the pools reflection.
"What are you thinking about?" He asked me.
"What are we, Harry?" I asked him facing him.
"Whatever you want us to be." He said to me with a smile.
"Are we together or not?" I asked him sincerely.
"If that's what you want?" He asked me back.
"I don't know what I want. I want you to tell me what you want us to be." I said to him.
"I want us to be together but I don't want you to rush into a relationship after your breakup." Harry said which made me smile since he cared about me.
"How 'bout we try this whole dating thing but privately and not public for the press to know. Then if I am fine then we can go public about our relationship." I suggested which made Harry extremely happy.
He took my hand and intertwined his hand with mine. He then did the one thing I never thought he would do in a long time which was he kissed my neck all the way to my lips were he gave me a gentle peck on the lips.
What a tease he was!

We went inside holding hands and Selena mouthed something that I couldn't read off of her lips. So I took my hand out of Harry's and walked into a room that Selena walked into.
"Are you two together now?" She asked me with a confused look on her face.
"I guess. Just not publicly. I don't want the press knowing about us yet." I told her.
"So your telling me that you guys can't even go out on a date unless you want the press to know about you two." Selena told me which I hadn't realized. I didn't want to go public until until I knew that Harry was the one.
"I hope you know what your getting yourself into." Selena warned me,"all it ends in is heart break."
We ended our conversation and Harry found me and gave me a quick peck on the cheek which made me blush a little.

Everyone started to go outside and jump into the pool. Niall didn't want to go away from the food but we pushed him to go outside. Eleanor had traveled here from Londan to see Louis only to get pushed into the pool by him but she quickly grabbed him and pulled him in with her. I was on the side of the pool with my shades on and tanning in the sun. Perrie was also tanning with me. Zayn came over and talked to Perrie for a bit until convincing her to come into the pool with him. That left me all alone.
Harry awhile later came up to the chair next to me.
"Why you staring?" I asked with a smirk on my face.
"Just can't believe I have a girl like you!" Harry said and kissed the crotch of my neck which made me shiver a little.
"Will you come with me in the pool?" Harry asked me.
"No! That would ruin my tanning." I said refusing but Harry picked me up bridal style and threw me into the water. The water hit me like a ton of ice bricks and then it got warm. I got to the top of the surface and stood up.
"You are such an idiot!" I screamed at him playfully.
"Yeah but I'm your idiot!" He said as he jumped into the pool after me. I ran away from him but he caught up to me and grabbed me by the waist and pulled me under water and then he kissed me.
Well underwater kisses feel extremely weird.
"Do you want to play a game?" Harry ask me.
"Sure what is it?" I said standing up.
"Its called guess what I'm thinking. You guess a thing in that subject until you get it right. For example the category is colors and you have to guess the color I'm thinking. I'll give you some hints." Harry said which I thought would be easy.
For some reason Harry picked me up bridal style and waited to think of something.
"Okay the category is pets." He finally said to me.
"Um....dogs!" I said then Harry pushed me underwater still bridal style and then lifted me out.
"What the hell Styles?" I said angry that he pushed me underwater for no reason.
"It's part of the game. Next..." Harry told me.
I still didn't like this game but I went with it.
"Cats!" I yelled. Then he kissed me quickly and let me fall into the water.
"I got it right!" I said sounded like a little kid.

I did the same game to Harry which lasted longer because he couldn't tell what I had been thinking. It was hard to push Harry into the water as I couldn't hold him bridal style so I would push he's shoulders to go into the water.
It was becoming late as we soon saw the sunset. Everyone was going except a couple of people. A couple of my other friends, Zayn, Liam and Perrie left to go back home. The other stayed here and played truth or dare with us.
I had gotten changed into some dry clothing before we started to play truth or dare.
Louis was the first to ask the truth or dare to anyone he wanted. He chose me.
"Em. Truth or Dare?" He asked me mysteriously.
"Dare cus I'm not a baby." I said with a pokerface on.
"I dare you to strip down to only your underwear using this stripper pole." He dared me which he probably thought was good but it really wasn't.
I got up and started to dance around the pole all sexily. I then took off my shirt in one quick motion and then took off my skirt using a dance move. Leaving me in only my Victoria Secret pink bra and black panties.
"Liked the show?" I said to them as I finished.
They all were gushing over how hot I was. It was my turn next.
"Harry. Truth or dare?" I asked Harry.
"Dare of course." Harry said confidently.
"I dare you to go skinny dipping in the pool!" I told Harry which shocked almost everyone.
"Not unless you come with." Harry said being a pervert.
"How bout no!" I said to Harry. He then kissed my cheek and took off outside.
"You have no idea how much you'll be missing out!" Harry said flirty toward me as he went outside and started to strip down to his boxers.
Then right before he jumped into the pool he took off his boxers quickly and then jumped in.
He got out of the side of the pool where we weren't visible to see him.
Harry came inside with his clothes partially wet.
"Well that was cold!" Was all Harry said to everyone.
We laughed at his comment and went back to playing truth or dare.
Harry dared Niall to eat a sandwich that was made of everything we had in the fridge.
Niall did a truth to Selena which was to tell us her deepest darkest secret. That secret was that she knew a secret about me that she wouldn't tell anyone. They begged her but she kept her promise and then everyone asked me.
The secret was that I had a secret talent which was singing but would never sing for anyone except Taylor and Selena.
Selena dared Eleanor to play 7 minutes in heaven with Louis. When they got done El told us that all they did was just make out.
This went on for about 20 more minutes of stupid truths and dares. Then pretty much we all got bored and people started to leave.

It was around 2 am when everyone had left and the entire house was quiet.
It was just Harry and I in the house alone.
"I should really get going." Harry told me acting very nervous.
"Why don't you stay?" I said not giving one thought about it.
"Sure I guess." Harry said with a big smirk on his face.
"Race you to the bedroom!" I yelled as I started to run down the hall and up the stairs toward my bedroom.
Right before I got to the door of my bedroom I felt Harry grab me from behind and pick me up. He walked backwards so he could be first.
"Ha! Bet you." Harry said putting me down.
"That's only 'cus you cheated! You little dick head!" I said teasing him.
"Hey! No need to call me a dick head! I got to admit you were pretty fast yourself." Harry said trying to catch his breath. "Look. This was fun an all but I should really get going. I have a big show tomorrow. Maybe you'd want to come with?"
"I don't think I can. I have a 4 hour long meeting all the way in New York to decide the skits we're going to do on SNL." I told him feeling bad that I couldn't come to his thing.
"It's alright. SNL huh? You must be pretty excited right." Harry said to me trying to make me happy.
"Am I ever! I'm also just a little bit nervous thou. All the great comedian's and actors go on to SNL." I said feeling like I might mess this up.
"You'll do fine. I'll be there to support you." Harry said as he kissed the top of my head. "I now have to go. See you tomorrow morning?"
"Yeah. Unless your planing on getting up early. I'm leaving at 5 for New York." I said to him.
"I'll be here and I'll take you to the airport!" Harry said to me giving me one last small peck on the lips before he left.
______________________________

Hey besties,

Happy New Years! Hope you guys had wonderful holidays. I have been thinking of what to do for the next chapter and I would like you guys to comment what you would like me to create for the next chapter. Comment, vote and like this story.

~Colleen