Serve - Tadashi Yamaguchi

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay?" You asked, waving a hand in front of Yamaguchi's face as his face heated up into a darker shade of red.

"Y-Yeah, I'm good," Yamaguchi squeaked out, quickly nodding at he felt his heart speed up.

"Just uh please don't ask what."

   You raised an eyebrow, your curiosity sparking yet you agreed.

"Alright, then."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Nice serve, Yamaguchi!"

   You called out as Yamaguchi got subbed in, looking up briefly to meet your eyes. He softly smiled at, his face heat up a bit as you gave him a big thumbs up with a grin.

Alright, I can do this. Remember your restart spot and make the shot   Yamaguchi thought, taking a deep breath as he gave you glance before going back to the court.

W H I S T L E

   You gripped the bar in anticipation as you watched Yamaguchi throw the ball up, hitting the ball, watching it spin onto the other side.

"Nice serve!" You yell as the ball dropped right before the borderline.

Yes, that's good spot   You thought, watching Yamaguchi take the ball once again. Yamaguchi took another glance at you before looking down at the ball.

   After a couple of successful serves, the other team finally managed to receive it, cutting it off.

"Nice, Yamaguchi!" Hinata said, high giving Yamaguchi as they switched. You had a smile on your face as you cheered, catching Yamaguchi's attention.

   The two of you shared a grin, feeling your heart skip a beat as you waved at him.

Man, this stupid crush.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Oh, Shimada-san suggested that you find a restart place, right? So have you thought about what yours is?"

   Your curiosity only grew as you watched the matches that Yamaguchi got subbed in. Each time you watched carefully, but you didn't see any consistent he would look at before the match.

So what is his restart spot? Did he tell me not to ask because he didn't have one? But that's not like Yamaguchi, right?   You thought, watching the game continue.

"Nice serve!"

   It was after the match and you and Yamaguchi were in the school's gym for some extra practice.

"Hey, Yamaguchi?" You asked, catching the attention of the said boy.

"Hmm?" He hummed in question, tilting his head a bit which made you smile a bit.

"I know you told me not to ask, but what's your restart place? I can't seem to figure it out," You asked a bit sheepishly, scratching the back of your neck.

   Yamaguchi's face immediately turned a bright red, looking away from you with a nervous laugh which made you panic a bit.

"I-It's uh I um-" Yamaguchi stuttered, meeting your eyes for a brief second which only made his heart speed up.

"You don't need to tell me if you don't want too!" You exclaimed, not wanting to make Yamaguchi uncomfortable.

"No, I uh w-want to, actually," Yamaguchi said shyly, taking you by surprise.

"Oh, okay." You nodded with a smile, letting out a breath you didn't know you were holding. Yamaguchi took a deep breath as he tried to calm some of his nerves, his face still a bright red.

"It's uh- It's you," Yamaguchi said in a quiet voice, avoid your eyes. Your face tinted red, a smile on your face.

I-I just thought he just looked at me just for reassurance or whatever. I-

"I-I'm sorry if it's uh weird-" Yamaguchi started with a panic expression before you cut him off with a small laugh, taking one of his hands in yours.

"Don't worry, I don't mind. And uh-"

Is this the right time? It's now or never, right?

"-I like like you. A lot," You confessed, a nervous smile on your face as you fiddled with your fingers. Yamaguchi perked up at this, a smile instantly on your face.

"R-Really?" Yamaguchi's face lit up at your words, both of your hearts racing.

   You nodded a bit, but before you could react, Yamaguchi had already thrown himself at you, hugging you with a giant smile.

"Oh, s-sorry for-"

   You cut him off, pulling him into a hug before he could step too far away. You laughed a bit as you pulled away, gently cupping his cheek.

"Stop that, stop apologizing so much," You mumbled. Yamaguchi nodded a bit, leaning into your touch with a small smile.

"Can I?" You asked sheepishly, lightly tracing your thumb on his bottom lip. He nodded again, his voice long gone as you smiled at his adorableness.

   Both of you leaned in, melting into the kiss with a small smile in the mix.

"Will you uh be my girlfriend?" Yamaguchi asked shyly as he pulled away a bit, softly tracing your face with one of his hands.

"Of course."