Her father and Vince fought with brute power as Lucas and Trent fought back, protecting Cairo. Zachariah, with his sword of light, slashed at Lucas who dodged every strike. Lucas pressed forward with his fists at the angel. Zachariah couldn't really bring himself to really hurt Lucas. Why did he have to change? But I knew why. I was there.

Lucas chose this to get away from everything. He hated trying to stay good. All his life, he had said, he was fighting against the demon side of him. It was a curse that his parents put on him. Being half angel and half demon hurt him inside. His battle to constantly stay good was starting to lose. Down here, in hell, his demonic charm penetrated his heart and soul. He had told Zachariah that he couldn't take it anymore.

I felt bad for the kid. He was forced to live a life that he didn't want. Now he was on the path to destruction. Evil destroys a person. No matter how good he was before.

Zachariah just kept on swinging, but he was missing on purpose to protect a kid that he and Isaiah took care of. Lucas didn't hold back. He knew how Zachariah had a weak spot for the ones he loved. He would never hurt them.

Vince punched his brother, but Trent blocked every blow. Brother against brother. Both of them were filled with hate for each other. They looked neck and neck until Trent knocked Vince down to the ground. I prayed that Vince would be okay. I did sort of like that kid. He's been nice to my sister, and my sister really does like him. If he died, she would be crushed.

Faith's scream snapped me out of this state. I sat beside her and put my hand to her head. It just went through her. This is what I hated about dying. I couldn't make her feel better or ease her pain. Back when I was alive, it was easy to take her in my arms and tell her it would be okay. Now, nothing. When she needed me the most, I couldn't help her.

It hurt to see her this way. She's endured to much, and I just wanted to take it all away from her. She kept on thinking about me. She kept telling me that this is what she wanted. She was fighting again. Her mind had to conquer the poison. Faith's other hand clawed at the snake who wouldn't let go. I held back tears and attempted to stay strong for my little sister.

I was thrown to the wall in an instant. Luckily I just went through it and didn't slam up against it. Cairo. Why could he hold me? How could he not go through me? Faith did. Zachariah did. Everyone did. How was he an exception? I launched myself through again and faced him. His dark eyes didn't bother me and the permanent scowl on his face didn't make me want to run away. He frowned at me and charged.

The impact took the air from my chest and sent me sprawling to the floor. It could be worse, I thought. Faith was taking more pain than I was. At least, I couldn't feel the pain for long. Faith felt it forever.

Punch by punch, Cairo cornered me. His punches slammed against my skin, reminding me of the night I had died. The terrible slamming of the car hitting the pavement—it was like his fists. The long wait for the next blow—it was like his punches recoiling. The stab through my back—like the piercing black eyes of this demon. He sent chills up and down my back, but I didn't let him see that. It wasn't hard to hide. It wasn't the first time, I fought him before.

I still remembered that day. It was that day that I hated to think about. It was the day where I devoted my heart and soul to protecting my baby sister. The day I promised that I would keep Faith safe until Zachariah came back for her. I just never knew how long it would be.

I washed my hands, laughing as the dried paint on my hands blackened the water. I found it funny to see the clear become so dark. It was like magic. Faith laughed with me too as she rinsed out her hands. We dried our little hands on our pants and made our way back to our room. It was a complete mess with paints stains on the walls and carpet.