Chapter 30

Geno told Ink about the anonymous tip. Things were looking more and more grim for the situation with Reaper and Error. Suddenly, Ink and Geno's phones dinged at almost the same time. They both fished out their phones to see messages from Error and Reaper asking each of them to meet at a separate location. Geno was invited to a secluded spot in the park, and Ink was invited to a small cafe hardly anyone knew about. Ink glanced up.

     "Should we go? If they really are Glitch and Scythe, we're dealing with some of the most dangerous monsters in the city. They both invited us to remote locations. Don't you think this could be a trap?"

     "It could be. However, it could also be the key to finding the truth. I'm going to go." Geno declared. Ink looked worried before agreeing.

     "Be careful."

     "You too."

     Once they separated, Ink got into his car. He glanced at his phone before setting the GPS to the address Error had sent him. It was in a seperate part of the city. The phone said he would be there in ten minutes. He took the drive time to think about the situation, wrestling with his feelings. He realized he couldn't deny it. He had a crush on a person who was most likely a criminal.

     Eventually, Ink arrived at the cafe. It was empty, save for Error at a small, lonely. He sat down tentatively, on edge. Error noticed. He himself looked extremely nervous. They sat in silence for a minute, neither meeting the other's eyes. Finally, Error spoke.

     "Just like the first time we hung out together, huh," He said.

     "What is it, Error? Why did you call me here?" Ink asked suddenly. It came out harsher than he intended and Error flinched.

     "I know you've heard," He finally spoke softly. "And I'm afraid I can't deny it." Immediately, Ink was out of his seat with a gun pointed at Error.

     "I can't believe I trusted you," He hissed. For the first time, he didn't understand his emotion vials. He knew that most monsters would be furious, and he was.

     But there was also an overwhelming feeling of guilt and sadness.

     "Error C.Q, you're under arrest under suspicion of being the criminal widely known as Glitch. Come peacefully of I'll have to use force." Error's face was pained.

     "Ink, let me explain-"

     "Anything you say can and will be used against you," Ink cut him off coldly. "So I suggest staying quiet." Error was frustrated. He had hoped he could talk to Ink about it, but it seemed that the other didn't want to listen.

     Ink called in to the station, his eyes never leaving the other. Error sat with his head down, unresisting. Pretty soon, an armed force of monsters came into the shop. One of them grabbed Error and roughly snapped handcuffs and a portable magic suppressor on him.

     Error was lead to the jail and put in one of the highest security cells they had. The cuffs and suppressor were left on him. A larger and much more effective suppressor was activated once a monster pulled a lever, and even Ink could barely use basic magic. Error's second restraint would prevent even that on him. He was completely powerless.

     Ink left with the other monsters to return to the station and file a report. However, it felt like he was leaving a piece of him behind.

********************************************

     Geno jumped into his car. He knew where the park was. In fact, it was the same one he and Reaper had met for the first time, besides Reaper stalking him. However, it was empty this time, and he saw Reaper seated on one of the swings. He approached suspiciously. Reaper quickly noticed his arrival, and looked over. Geno walked until he stood a few feet in front of Reaper and then he spoke.

     "Is it true?" He asked, knowing the other would understand if it was. The sharp inhale from Reaper was all he needed to pull his weapon and back away.

     "Geno, I-"

     "- don't want to hear it," He cut Reaper off. Reaper sighed before grinning, setting the other on edge.

     "I guess the ruse is over," He declared. "Yes. I am who you know as Scythe. Now you're going to arrest me, call in the S.W.A.T. team, blah blah blah. I don't care. Though calling in other people is going a bit overboard." Geno scowled at Reapers flippant attitude. His eye widened when he saw Reaper pull a magic restraint out of his pocket.

     "Here, I'll do some of the work for you," He said, turning the device over. "... Wait. I don't know how to turn this on." Geno watched, unimpressed, as Reaper struggled to put the magic restraint on himself. Finally, he got it on and running.

     "Wow. I've had these on before, but it's still so odd every time. Of course, these aren't very effective, but still. Now, can I explain myself?" Reaper asked. Geno scoffed.

     "You really are an idiot. No, I'm taking you in."

     "Ok, but seriously, I can walk. You don't need to call in another team." Geno laughed.

     "And give you a chance to attack me? No, I know your powers probably aren't very restricted in that thing," He said. Reaper rolled his eyes.

     "Sweetheart, I could have attacked you at any point since I met you. Heck, I was even in your apartment with you." Geno blushed at the nickname, remembering what he had been thinking about earlier. He didn't want any affection towards the other. Reaper looked slightly surprised at the other's reaction.

     "Don't call me that," Geno snapped. He sighed. "Fine, I'll hold off on the backups. Try anything funny, and that'll change real quick," He said. He also put handcuffs on Reaper as he dragged the other to the jail. Reaper still decided to flirt with him anyways though.

     "Reaper, I swear, I will shoot you!" Geno yelled after a while.

     "You can't."

     "Actually, I could, since you're a criminal."

     "Suspect. You have to convict me in court after a trial or something like that."

     "... Damn it."

********************************************

     Geno stormed out of the cell area in the jail after finally getting Reaper locked up in another high security cell. It was far away from Error's cell as well. He was surprised to see Ink with his back against a wall crying.

     "What's the matter, Ink? Are you okay?" He asked, quickly rushing to the other's side. Ink turned to him.

     "D-Dream told me I h-had a c-crush on Error!" He cried. "I-I didn't want t-to believe i-it, but I think h-he was right." Geno paused, thinking about his brother. Those thoughts lead to Reaper. He was also upset that he had to arrest the other, though considerably less so than Ink was. He remembered the cocky smirk, the flirts, and the pet names.

     But he also remembered the genuine concern the other had for him when Geno was bleeding, the fact that he had spared Geno in their fight, and hadn't resisted arrest at all. In fact, he seemed like he didn't care at all.

     The fact that a murderer and criminal acted that way confused Geno. He shook his head, trying to clear the thoughts, and helped Ink get back to his apartment. He returned to his own soon after, thoughts of Reaper plaguing his mind.