Chapter 21

Ink lay in his bed, looking at his phone. He was concerned.

    He sent a message to both Error and Geno, hoping that the brothers wouldn't be mad at him for the trick. Neither had responded.

     He sent a message to Blue. He began to be concerned when the other hadn't responded within five seconds of Ink hitting send. Finally, he sent a message to Dream. Thankfully, he responded.

                                                                                              Hey Dream

Hm? What is it?

                                                     Thank goodness you responded.

What do you mean?

                                                                                        It's a long story

Want to come over to talk?

                                                                                                            Sure.

     Ink got dressed and hopped into his car. Within a few minutes, he was pulling up to the faded yellow house his friend lived in. As he got out of the car, his friend walked out to greet him.

     "Hey Dream," he called. Dream smiled and waved.

     "Come on in!" He said, then walked into the house with Ink behind him. They walked into the living room. It had always mystified Ink why his friend had a yellow exterior of his house, but most of the rooms inside were painted varying shades of grey, with the exception of Dream's dim purple room and the bright yellow guest room. It seemed like an awfully gloomy place for a physiatrist to live. Ink sat down on one of the beige couches around the room, and Dream sat down on a chair nearby.

     "So, what did you want to talk about?" He asked. Ink sighed and started the story, much as Error had done the day before.

*******************************

     "So that's why my friends are mad at me," Ink concluded. Dream frowned.

     "I don't know why Blue hasn't been responding lately," he said. "I also tried texting him the other day and didn't get a message back either."

     Ink sighed. "I'm just worried Geno and Error are mad at me," He said. "Geno will probably get over it. We have to work together on this case after all. We've made no progress in the past few weeks and it's concerning. Error, on the other hand, might not. I haven't known him for more than these past three weeks after all."

     Dream smiled and laughed. "You seem to like Error a whole lot," he teased. Ink turned rainbow and began sputtering out denials, claiming they were just friends.

     Dream smiled sadly. That confused Ink, but he was too distracted by his embarrassment to pay attention to it.

     "I'm just teasing you," Dream said. Ink sighed as he calmed down.

     "It doesn't matter anyways," he said and laughed ruefully. "I can't really like him anyways." Dream frowned.

     "Yeah. That's true," he responded. "However, it's kind of genuine. After all, despite not having real emotions, when you take all of them at once they act like real emotions. Being with him must make the effects of the 'love' vial kick in."

     "Maybe," Ink said, looking thoughtful.

     "Aha!" Dream exclaimed. "You just admitted to liking him!" Ink paused for a second to think of what he had just said before he exploded into blush again. Dream laughed.

     For some reason it seemed sad.

     Ink covered his face with his hands and groaned.

     "Stop teasing me," he grumbled. Dream gave a cheeky smile.

     "I just couldn't resist!" He said. Ink sighed and glanced at the clock on his phone.

     "I should probably go get some lunch," he declared.

     "Do you want me to see you out?" Dream asked.

     "Nah. I know the way." 

*******************************

Heya! It's the author here! I decided to write a second book in this same universe. It focuses on Dream and Nightmare, along with kreme and crossmare. It's called 'Their Story'. It will say that it's a sister book right at the top of the description. It starts at this chapter, and will clear a lot of stuff up hopefully. Cya!