Chapter 4

Geno felt that something was wrong. He felt like he was being...watched. After a few minutes of the unusual feeling he suddenly stopped, and spun on his heel. 

     "I know you're following me," he called out to the seemingly empty street. "Come out already!"

     A skeleton in a long black robe and hood stepped out from behind a very cliche bush and smirked. 

     "You caught me sweetheart," he said. 

     "Why the hell are you following me?" Geno growled.

     "Well, how could I ignore a cutie like you?" He asked in mock innocence.

     Geno gave him a long look. "Seriously?" he stated. "That's your pickup line? Stalk someone until they notice you then call them sweetheart? Don't make me laugh." Geno resumed walking, with the other person trailing along beside him.

     The other skeleton smirked. "Well then, what's your pickup line?" he asked. 

     Geno thought for a moment, before smirking and saying, "I don't have one, because I don't need one."

     The other person raised a non-existent eyebrow. "Well, if you had one, what would it be?" he asked.

     Geno thought for a moment. "Well... Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk past again?"

     The other person gaped openly at Geno. "Whaaatttttt," Geno whined. "I thought that was pretty good!"

     The skeleton smirked, "Did you seriously get that from a pickup line website?" he questioned, dumbfounded. 

     Geno pouted. "So what if I did?" He asked indignantly.

     By then they had reached the police station, and Geno turned to the cloaked skeleton. 

     "Are you going to follow me all day?" He demanded. 

     The skeleton shrugged. "Probably," he stated.

     Geno thought for a moment, then sighed.

     "Look, I'll make a deal with you. We'll flip this coin, and if you guess wrong, you leave me alone-" "And if I win, you give me your phone number," Geno was cut off. He was slightly taken aback, but he figured he should have seen this coming. Geno sighed once more. 

     "Fine," he finally declared after a moment of consideration, and he pulled out a coin. 

     "I call heads," the other skeleton called. Geno nodded and flipped the coin, praying it would be tails. He caught the coin and slapped it on his arm to reveal-

     Heads.

     Geno pulled out a pad of paper and a pen reluctantly. He began writing his number down, then realized he never gave the other skeleton his name. He scribbled his number and name down, then tore out the paper and handed it over.

     "I never caught your name," he said while handing the paper over. The other skeleton flashed a cocky grin. 

     "Reaper."