Chapter 64.

I could never catch a break.

I thought I was done with hospitals already, now to find myself in here again, it tells a different story. I have woken up and Roman is the first person I see. His head is rested on my bed, his hand holding mine. I shift slightly and try pull my hand away but his grip tightens, refusing to let me go.

I close my eyes and will myself not to cry. I am so exhausted emotionally and I feel like I can't deal with what happened to me and what, I had learnt not so long ago.

I almost died again.

I faced death but the difference is that I remember now. I thought I was done with the lies, I guess not. I knew that there would be people who did not like me, but for someone to hate me enough to kill me, that's a whole different level. I have had enough honestly and a part of me, wants me to quit on life but I know I can't. Roman, my dad, my family and friends wont allow me to.

I have come to far yet right now, I can't think about that. The recent events are like a haunting memory.

Everything was going so well and now, yet again, a nightmare turned into reality, crossed my path.

I do all I can to push back any condemning thoughts about my existence, being the reason for so much hurt. My mind really feels exhausted with having to battle with my thoughts and emotions.

This is really the time I wish my mom were here. She would know what to do.

I open my eyes and glance at Roman, who has now woken up. Our eyes meet. " Hazel."

I quickly break eye contact and look the other way. Fear, hurt and guilt gnaws at me, that I can't look him in the eye. I hear movement and the sound of a chair, moving against the floor. " Hazel?"

I'm sorry Roman, I can't look at you right now. I am failing to hold on, I can't be strong right now. I don't want you to see me so weak right now.

" Hazel baby look at me." He pleads quietly.

I close my eyes when I feel his hand, tilting my head his way, wanting me to look at him. A tear slips out when I feel his eyes on me.

" No, no baby, don't do this. Don't disappear on me."

"I-I can't."

" No Hazel no."

" I don't think I can do this anymore, I don't think I can hold on any longer."

" Don't say that baby, please. Don't let them win, look at me, give me your eyes. Give me your eyes Sweet." He says, cradling my face and planting kisses on both my eye lids.

I open my already wet eyes and look at him, where he looks down at me. Just watching him looking at me, pushes the tears to fall.

" Roman." That's all I manage to say, words failing me.

He wipes my tears away and rests his forehead against my own. We stay like that for a while, both of us sharing a moment of silence. " I'm here baby, your Rome is here." He murmurs.

He soon leans back to look at me, having placed a kiss on my skin.

" Everything is going to be okay right?" I ask him, my voice sounding hoarse.

I am desperate to hear him tell me.

" Yeah." He nods, leaning over to pour me a glass of water.

I give him a thankful look as I take the glass and have a few sips. He places the glass on the side table, before staring at me again.

" I want to tell you something." He says.

I give him a questioning look.

He leans in close to my ear before he says. " Happy Birthday Sweet." Just as he pulls back, I stop him from moving back any further, where I wrap my arms around his middle, resting my head on his shoulder.