Chapter 17.

"Come on." I'm grabbed by arm away from my locker.

I can feel myself being dragged away from the locker, the letter is still in my hand yet my eyes and mind are focused on his name.

I'm knocked out of my trance when I realize that I'm moving further and further away from my locker. Before I can let myself be dragged all the way to an empty classroom, I try pull my arm back but he tightens his grip on me.

"Let go of me!" I shout.

I'm set free and I stumble back, till my back hits against a locker. He turns around to face me and hazel eyes meet my own.

Something is shoved in my face, before I can say anything. I lean my head back to take a good look at it.

He's holding up his own letter, with my own name written on the bottom.

"This doesn't mean anything to me." He says, pulling the paper away from my face.

I don't say anything, but just look at him.

" And it shouldn't matter to you, just like anything to do with me doesn't."

" Roman."

"That's why it'll be changed, I'm changing partners."

"But we cant." I try remind him.

" I don't wanna be your partner, why would I be tied with someone who doesn't want me around them, why waste my breath?"

"We can't change partners, it says so in the paper." I repeat, my voice having dropped low now.

He scoffs at that, tucking his hand in his leather jacket.

"You seem to forget who I am."

"That's the problem, I haven't." I mumble, my eyes dropped to my feet.

A moment of silence stretches out between us.

I gasp out loud with a jump, when his hand shoots out, slamming hard above my head on the locker.

"Don't you get it? - I can't be partners with someone I can't trust. No way." He shakes his head like the thought of me being his partner is the worst.

Something in me snaps , that I push at his chest so hard that he staggers back and gives me room to move away from the lockers. I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out, the adrenaline I'd felt vanishing as fast as it came.

Gosh, what would be the point of speaking or arguing with him. He's already made up his mind.

My eyes connect with his for a few seconds before I turn around and start walking away. I only stop in my tracks shortly when I remember why I wasn't speaking to Roman in the first place, why I wanted nothing to do with him.

"You know, trust is a very big word, it shouldn't be used lightly, especially by you!"  I say, before walking away.

The audacity of him preaching to me about trust when he doesn't even know the meaning of it.

The slamming of my books on the table knocks Sam from whatever nap he'd taken, where his head shoots up and he sits up straight.

"W-what's wrong?" He says, wiping at his face with the back of his hoodie.

I sigh, sitting down.

" Roman." We both say after looking at each other for a few seconds.

"He doesn't want to be my partner."

"But partners can't be changed." He states.

"Everyone knows that genius!" I roll my eyes, leaning back on my chair. "But because it's Roman, he's adamant on changing partners. He Claims that he can't be partners with someone he can't trust." I mumble the last part.