Chapter 48.

Moving in with Roman, came with a deal. Dad made a deal, that if I were to move in with Roman, I had to attend therapy for atleast a month.

Of course I agreed.

I wanted more then anything to get out of the academy and to live elsewhere. It's not that dad didn't trust Roman or anything, but he wanted to ensure that I would be safe, as well as safe. To me, Roman was the word safe.

I've always felt safe around Roman because I know that he would protect me as I would him. Protecting each other just became a natural thing for us, eversince we were young.

With today being the day that I moved, I had everything packed and ready to go and was simply waiting for my dad to show up. I don't know how he managed to sort everything out so quick with the school, but he did and now in a few moments, I would be out of here.

Avery was both saddened by the fact that she was losing a roommate but she was happy for me. She helped me out with packing and stuff and now, we were just chilling in my now old room.

"What about this box, should I throw it away?" She says, gesturing to the small box that contained all of Danny's things.

From the things he bought me to the sweater that I once loved to wear.

"As much as the idea sounds rather nice right now, but I think returning everything to him will be much better."

" I can do it for you. You don't have to talk to him."

" I know but I want to do it. It's a small step to moving forward and I know that many may say it's too soon, but I have to start doing it now. I don't want anything holding me back." I say with a sigh.

"You really loved him, everyone could see it." She says.

" I did and yes, a part of me still does. I can't just switch off those feelings so soon but I can't get back together with him either. "

A ping sound comes through my phone, distracting me.

"My dad's here." I say, after checking my messages.

"Are you ready for this step?" She asks as we rise to our feet.

" Avery, I'm not going to get married but just moving in with my best friend. But yes, I'm ready. I need this."

She nods with a small smile.

Sam pops his head in after knocking.

"Need a hand?" I nod with a grateful look.

He enters with two of his guy friends, Evan and Chris, if I remember correctly. I thank them for their help before they head on to take a few of my things and all of them following after Avery, who exited the room first.

Sam turns to me once we are left alone.

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah." I nod.

He too nods before we head out, after my last look to the room. I bid goodbye to it.

" Hazel!" I stop in my tracks, turning around to face Danny, who's jogging my way.

I do a quick glance over my shoulder, just to check on my dad, who I worry will freak out if he were to see Danny talking to me. I relax a little when I see him distracted with packing in my things in the car.

" You're leaving?" Danny asks when I turn back around.

" Yes I am. "

" I didn't believe it when I heard..." he trails off when he glances at the box in my arms. " Hazel -"