Chapter 22.

The tension is so thick that you could probably cut it with a knife. We've all remained in the same position for a minute or so now and all I want to do is disappear from here.

I've long fixed myself now, not liking the secret emotion that passed in his eyes when he had a good look at me.

" I asked you a question, what the fu-"

"Have some respect and wear a damn shirt, there's a lady present." Roman bites out.

My cheeks and neck warm up after Roman says this.

An inaudible gasp escapes my lips when I'm pulled flush against Danny's chest.

"Oh you mean this lady?" He says, his breath warming my ear. "You seem to forget that she's my girlfriend. My girl." He puts emphasises on the last word, burying his head in the crook of my neck.

Instead of feeling the familiar good feeling whenever I'm in Danny's arms, my body instead, grows tense and uneasy as Roman's intense gaze burns me.

"The lady also has a name and may I remind you, that she's currently my partner and right now I want to speak with my partner." Roman also puts emphasis on his words, making Danny to tense up.

I don't think he realizes that his grip on my waist has tightened, making me jump. Roman catches onto that movement and his reaction is him taking a threatening step forward, his eyes burning holes on Danny's hand.

Danny takes notice of Roman's actions, his head snapping up. He surprises me when he steps in front of me, pushing me behind him that I stumble back, almost tripping on my feet.

"Say what you -"

"Be bloody careful will you!" Roman growls, shoving Danny out of his way and coming over to me.

My eyes widen when I feel his hands on my arms, preventing me from moving.

"Are you okay?" He asks me.

All I do is stare at him, not being able to utter a word.

" Sweet, tell me." He says, his eyes searching my own.

My eyes make the mistake of glancing over his shoulder, to see Danny staring at us. The wheels are turning in his head, it's reflected in his eyes and I know that his mind is working overtime.

I take a step back and out of Roman's hold, out of respect for Danny, who clearly doesn't like another guy being so close to his girlfriend.

I open my mouth to say something, when a cellphone suddenly rings.

Danny moving across the room tells me that it's his. "You'd better be gone when I return." He warns Roman, pointing in his direction before heading out of the room, having worn a shirt quickly.

I don't miss his side glance as he exits the room.

I sigh and turn to Roman, who's already staring at me.

" I'd think you'd be more careful around guys like him, but hey, what do I know right?" He shrugs.

"Why are you here Roman?" I ask, totally ignoring what he's just said.

Watching him, I know that he has something to say but he refrains from saying it, when he gestures behind me with a nod.

I follow to where he's pointing, only to find his leather jacket, this surely reminding me that I'd forgotten to give it back to him. I go on to take it, not bothering to search in his pockets for anything that belongs to me. I don't want to look creepy and start digging around.

"Here, now you can leave." I hand him his jacket.

"Not so fast."

"What?" I sigh tiredly.