Chapter 35.

I sat silently in my room, needing a moment to myself. After having received such attention from my family, I needed time to think alone, more so on what Sam had told me. I had no idea that dad had such thoughts and was even looking into taking me out of the academy.

In the beginning, I would have jumped at the chance to leave everything behind, but now, everything has changed.

" Hazel?" I turn to the door, where aunt Karen has poked her head in." Can I come in?"

"Sure." I say.

I notice a tray full of various small potions of food in her arms as she enters.

" I didn't know what you would have liked right now, so I made a bit of everything." She says, placing the tray infront of me.

"Oh uh thank you aunt. I'll eat it a bit later, I'm not really hungry right now." I say, before looking back at my phone.

I hear a sigh. "Hazel, you have to eat now. I've been watching you and you're not taking care of yourself."

" I will." I say, still not tearing away from my phone as I'm busy chatting to Sam.

" Hazel put that phone down now!" She says, her tone sharp.

My phone is suddenly snatched from me and I cant help but frown at her, not understanding why she's acting like this. I watch her as she closes her eyes, sighing. When she opens her eyes again, her lips twitch into a small shaky smile.

" Hazel honey, just please, eat." She takes a seat infront of me. " I haven't seen you get something down and you've been cooped up in here, so I am worried."

I take in her words, understanding her concerns after a minute of still being surprised. Ive never known her to act like that, maybe she's got a lot going on and I'm thinking about this for longer then necessary.

"Okay, I'll uh eat." I say, taking a sandwhich and having a bite, just to show her that I'm truly eating.

Glancing up at her, I notice a pleased look on her face.

"Are you okay?" I ask after a while.

"Yeah, just got a lot going on that's all."

"Is there anything I can help you with?" I ask.

" No, no dont worry. All I need from you is to take care of yourself. We worry about you, I worry." She takes my hand in hers, looking into my eyes. " I cant help but be scared sometimes, that I'm going to lose you or someone will come and take you away from me." She says, her eyes getting moist.

My chest tightens, watching her.

Before she can say anything, there's a knock on the door. My father pokes his head in. "Ladies, can I come in?"

"Yes." I say.

My aunt looks to the side, wiping at her eyes.

"Oh good, you're eating." My dad says, taking a sandwhich.

"Yeah and someone wants to join me?" I arch my brow.

He shrugs his shoulders, chugging the whole piece in his mouth. I shake my head.

"So, I was thinking, why dont we go out?" Dad suggests, after he's done with his sandwhich.

" I'm cool with that, aunt Karen -"

"Oh I was talking about you and me...." Dad trails off, shifting awkwardly on his heel.

Okay, this is awkward.

"But we can all go."

"No no, it's okay. Anyway I'm tired and need some rest from the long trip." She says, rising up from the bed.