Chapter 33.

We've remained in the same position for some time now. We've both calmed down now that's for sure.

" I'm a bad person." I sigh, pulling back from him.

I look up at him again. "Not once did I treat you right, from the moment you came. I never gave you a chance to speak, I was...." I sigh yet again, my head hanging low in shame. " They were right to think of me as someone who plays with peoples feelings, someone who won't leave things be."

" And this is why it was best you didn't know, because of this, you would start blaming yourself." He says to himself. " Hazel-," he tries take my hands but I snatch them out of reach.

" Why couldn't I see it, I mean Colt said it in my face that - ,"

" Excuse me, Colt said what?!" My head snaps up when he asks through gritted teeth.

I gulp when his eyes narrow.

"It's nothing." I shake my head, rising to my feet.

"You are not going anywhere until you tell me what he said to you." He pulls me back down and I meet his eyes again.

" It's nothing."

" Hazel." He says in that warning tone of his.

"It's their opinion Roman leave it be!" I huff, closing my eyes for a few seconds as I try calm myself.

"Well they should have kept their opinions to themselves, not voice them out to you!!" He snaps.

"They have the right to defend their friend, who was hurting because of me!.....I kept on hurting you one way or the other, I deserve what they said to me and thought. I should have never come back, then you wouldn't hu -"

" Don't you dare finish that sentence!" He scolds as he cradles my face.

All I do is stare tiredly at him.

"What am I suppose to do, everyone's right." I whisper.

"Everyone's wrong." He shakes his head in disagreement. "They don't know shit, they don't know a precious soul when they see it. They don't know my Sweet the way I know my Sweet." Looking at him, I start to cry.

He pulls me to him yet again and I welcome the embrace, the comfort I'd longed for many years to receive from my best friend.

" What did I say back then huh? - didn't I tell you that whoever speaks or even utters a bad word at you knows nothing. My words should trample over any of their bad words."

When we were kids and at times I'd come across a mean child, and they said something bad to me, trying to hurt me, Roman would tell me this.

He'd tell me that they might try to hurt me but I should shake it off, because his words wouldn't hurt me but build me up. He knew how hurtful words could be, he'd been at the receiving end of those bad words, name calling and more. He didn't want the same for me.

When I'd tell him what people said to me, he'd write down in a note pad, the opposite of what that person said, then stuck it all around my room.

My room was filled with pieces of paper with all colours, though it was alot, it meant the world to me and kept my spirits up.

He pulls away after some time and looks at me yet again.

"Now no more crying. No more." He shakes his head. "No more will I allow anyone to bring tears in your eyes. I'm here now. I'm back. And I dare anyone try hurt my Sweet, they'll know my name. They will feel my wrath. They'll start to have nightmares because of my name, they'll never ever question who's in your corner."