Chapter 32.

"What are you doing here?"

"Ask your cousin." He says with a shrug.

He sounds like he is not even bothered by this.

"You didn't even put up a fight, that's new." I comment, walking on to take a seat on one of the chairs.

We sit in silence for a while, neither one of us daring to look at each other. Or maybe it's just me.

Well how can I, when we are not in the best of terms with each other and honestly, I am not in the mood for either an argument or his hurtful words.

I sigh when I start feeling bored.

A ping sound has me jumping in surprising. I mentally roll my eyes for my slow thinking, I should have remembered that I had my phone with.

Taking out my phone from my clutch bag, I see a new message.

Take a look at row 4 from the center front, under chair 5. Something waits for you. All answers you were looking for.

~ S~

Sighing, I rise to my feet and follow the instructions.

Not that I have much of a choice.

Just as he'd said, something waits for me, being hidden under the chair. It's a plain white shoe box that sparks my interests. Rising to my feet again with the box in hand, I feel Roman's eyes on me. Glancing up at him, I notice how tense he's looks now.

"No, don't !" He suddenly says, in the midst of opening the box, totally surprising me.

The panic in his tone alerts me and now my curiosity pushes me to ignore him and open it. I turn away from him, returning back to my previous seat so I can see what's inside.

"It's our childhood memories." He says.

This pulls me to stop and I change my mind about opening it. I should have known then to take it, Sam must have been plotting in these past few days that he wasn't talking to me.

A few seconds pass and he gets off the stage, taking steps towards me. " I'm sorry." He suddenly says.

My breath hitches, my heart stops and the box slips from my hands. It lands with a thud on the floor yet it sounds too far away.

My heart starts beating again yet in no normal rhythm and I spin around, rushing to get to my phone.
What he just said now has me at a panic because his tone, his expression and his body language has changed.

His demeanor just changed infront of me, he is no longer the Roman I've gotten used to now, but the Roman from my childhood, who when he says ' I'm Sorry,' he's done the worst and he finds no other word, no other solution to make things right.

I frantically call up Sam, who's phone only rings yet he never answers.

Damn you Sam.

" Sam you'd better answer!" I say, rushing up the stairs, taking two at a time.

" I never meant to do it, I'm at fault, I did you wrong. I know!" Roman calls after me but I try block out his voice as I reach the door.

" Sam let me out right now!!" I start banging at the door, emotions making me frantic and sounding like a mad person.

" You trusted me, you had total faith in me, but I let you down. I left you in a world of betrayal when I'd vowed to protect you from it. I failed you!"

" Sam get me out of here!!"

" I shouldn't have f*cking left!!!"

I collapse to the floor.