Chapter 9

I couldn't go to sleep last night because of the nerves. I'm so nervous about this phone call that I should be getting any minute. It's 11:45 right now, and I'm hungry. I grabbed my phone, which is what I do every time I leave the room. I can't miss this phone call. I made myself a sandwich and started eating it. Half way through, I felt nauseous. I'm still having morning sickness and sometimes when I'm eating I'll have to throw up. It sucks! I ran to the bathroom and started throwing up. "Oh my Bella! Are you ok?" My mom said walking into the bathroom. She picked up my hair. I got up and brushed my teeth, "Yeah mom. I think I have the stomach flu or something." I said. I hate lying to my mom, but she would find out tonight. I'm having my parents, siblings, and either Jack or Sam depending on who's the father, to get together for dinner tonight to I can tell them. "Mom. Can we have a dinner tonight." "Yeah sweetie. We always have dinner together on Sundays." "Yeah. I might invite a friend is that ok?" "Yes of course. Mallory?" "No. Another one." "Sam?" "Maybe I don't know yet." "Ok sweetie." She said and walked out. I went back to my room and laid down. I watched tv for a while until my phone started ringing. I picked it up, "Hello?" I answered. "Hi is this Bella Santana?" "This is her." "Hi Bella we got the results from your DNA test. And the father is..." She said and my heart started beating really quickly. "Jack Gilinsky." She said and my heart stopped. "O- Ok. Thank you very much." "Can we schedule your next appointment?" "Is there any way we can schedule another time?" I said impatiently trying to get off the phone so I can cry. "Oh yes of course. Call back whenever. Have a nice day." "Likewise. Goodbye." I said and hung up. I couldn't hold it in any longer, I started crying and Melissa walked in. "Bella" She said and sat next to me. "The father its its Jack." I said and she looked at me. "Bella it will be ok." She said trying to comfort me. "No it won't." "Yes it will." She said. We went back and forth until I got a text message.

From: Sammy😍💗
Have you got the results?

To: Sammy😍💗
Just did. Come over?

From: Sammy😍💗
On my way

To: Sammy😍💗
Love you.

From: Sammy😍💗
Love you too

To: Jack Gilinsky
Come over. I got the results.

From: Jack Gilinsky
Going

I put my phone down and Melissa and I kept talking. Sam came through the door. "Hey babe." He said and pecked my lips. "Hi." I said and lightly smiled. "I leave you alone." Melissa said and walked out. "We have to wait for Jack to get here." I said and he nodded. I started playing with my fingers. "It's alright." Sam said. "What?" "You're nervous." He said and started playing with my fingers, "You always play with your fingers when you're nervous. It's so cute." He said and I blushed and looked down. Jack came through the door and sat down. "Ok so I got the results." I said and they nodded. "And. Ugh this is so hard." I said and a tear slipped down my face. "The father is Jack." I said and couldn't look at Sam's face. "What?" Sam said and got up. "Sam I'm so sorry. I love you so much. I know I'm the worst girlfriend in the world, or ex you're probably going to break up with me right now, and I don't blame you because you shouldn't be dating me. You can do so much better." I said and started crying. "Bella I love you. I've loved you forever, since freshman year. But I can't do this. I'm really sorry." He said and pulled me into a hug. "I'll love you forever." I said into his chest. "I'll love you too babe. Forever." "Kiss me. Please. One last time." I said and looked up at him. He leaned in gently and pecked my lips. I pulled away. "Love you." "Love you." He said and kissed my forehead. He bro hugged Jack and then walked out. "Jack you're going to leave me." I said turning and facing him. "No I won't Bella. Why won't you believe me?" He asked. "Because. I don't know ok. How is this even going to work?" "How is what going to work?" "Us. We aren't dating, we don't live together. We aren't anything but friends. Now we are starting a family!" "We can try." "Try what?" "Try and be together." "Jack I just got out of a relationship. Like right now. A long one, with someone that I love. I can't move on that quickly." "And I'm not asking you to. I'm saying that soon, we should. Not right this second." He said and I nodded, "I guess. I'm telling my parents tonight about the baby. Are you going to be with me?" "Yeah of course. When?" "At dinner tonight. Maybe around 6:30" "Ok. I'm going to go home and change. Make myself a little bit more presentable and then I'll come back and we'll hang out for a little bit until dinner." "Ok I'll see you later." I said and he hugged me. "Bye." He said and walked out. "How'd it go?" Melissa asked walking into my room. "Better than expected. But I'm single. Sam broke up with me, I'm really sad. I love him so much. I thought I would marry him, and start a family with him." I said looked down with tears pouring out of my eyes. "It's ok Bella. Let's not think about it." "Ok." I said and laid down.