Brynjolf

WBE: 181
WAE: 224

((9th of Sun's Height, 4E 205, 2:37 a.m.))

((BRYNJOLFPOV))

I listened to every word that was spoken, and I realized how much I'd hurt the lass when I'd blown her off.

She didn't understand why I'd pushed her away. Then again, I didn't quite understand either. My heart thudded strongly, and I felt deep sorrow in my bones.

"Sorry lass, I've got important things to do. We'll speak another time," she spat venomously. Though the anger was the main emotion being conveyed, heartbreak was striking through every word. I'd said a false sorry too many times, to the point of where any real apology would have lost meaning.

Every time had dug deep into her skin. "I left the Guild after that. I'd done what I could, killed the man who'd done the ragged bunch of thieves wrong. I returned here for a few days, and then left again to free Skyrim from Alduin's tyranny." Was this how she saw everything?

"How did you survive?" a different female inquired.

"Him," she answered simply. "I thought of him, and even though I knew he didn't need me, he pulled me through." Had I really? "Fine line between... I do hate him now, for shunning me and breaking me. I think I finally let him go. But I can't deny that I loved him."