Facing the Guild

Note: We've got a bit of... tacos and coffee... at the end of this chapter. I remain by my statement that there will be NO lemons. None at all. Hell f*cking no. But it's simply an allusion, no detail. If you don't wanna read that (sentence, really), then skip to the next chapter at this symbol— *****. Remember how I said I'd allude to things? Damn, I've described things more smexual in this book than the end of this chapter.

...

(I forgot the original word count, but it doesn't matter since I didn't change much.)

...

"I almost want to settle down," I sighed, staring mournfully at Honeyside (which still hadn't been rebuilt, mind you). "Gods, I'm hardly thirty and already want to spend the rest of my life laying back and living off my gold."

"It's hardly feasible for the Dragonborn," Bryn pointed out, a hint of pride in his voice. I twisted over to him and hugged him tightly.

"True. But still..." I let out a breath, wistful as I set my head down on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me, rubbing my back. "It would be so relaxing. I'm not comfortable with a life of danger any longer. I've been through enough." I felt Brynjolf chuckle.

"Where's my spitfire?" he taunted, releasing me and walking towards the back of the temple.

"She'll kick your ass if you provoke her."

"Ah, there she is." He kissed my cheek and pressed the button that led to the cistern. "Let's go, lass."

...

"We're back!" Brynjolf announced, strolling into the Ragged Flagon. People nodded to him appreciatively, but quickly went back to whatever they'd been doing before. "Vex, it's great to see you."

"Yeah, I guess." She leaned against the wooden posts. "So, you're here to take back the leadership?" The white-haired thief took a swig of ale, sounding slightly annoyed.

"No. I'm giving it to you full-time. I trust you to lead in my place permanently." Vex spat out her drink, coughing roughly. I remained quiet, though I was just as shocked as Vex.

"What?! Bryn, have you been eating moon sugar?!"

"No. But I'm done here," he informed her. "I've completed everything I wanted to do for the Guild."

"So you're leaving us?"

"Not exactly. I'll always be available for guidance, but my heart belongs with the lass."

"...I won't stop you," she said with a nervous grin, winking at me when Brynjolf looked away. "If that's what you want."

"Thank you for understanding, Vex."

Bryn and I gave goodbyes to everyone in the Guild. Some were easy to let go of. Others... not so much. Sapphire put up a bit of a fight, but I reassured her with kind words— and a pouch full of the blue gems she so loved. I noticed that she wore the necklace I'd given her.

...

"Solitude?" Brynjolf muttered, staring at the walls and stone buildings that towered over our heads. "The damn security here..."

"Bryn," I warned, "please don't do anything you'll regret." He groaned in false irritation. "Now, I welcome you to your new home, Proudspire Manor." I pushed open the door and saw Jordis strolling around the house, singing happily. "Look who's Ms. Sunshine," I remarked.

"More like Mrs. Falk Firebeard," she sighed, a dreamy look over her face.

"Well, congratulations! Now, run off to your new husband, while I spend time with mine." She gave me a sly smile and ran out of the house. ***** Bryn grinned widely and scooped me up into his arms, carrying me upstairs.