Russet

WBE: DON'T KNOW
WAE: DON'T CARE

((??th of Sun's Height, 4E 205, ??:??))

((RUSSETPOV))

I'd been wandering for a few minutes. Or maybe it was a few hours. Days. Weeks. Months. Years.

I tried to wake up. The shadow swarming around me was enough to strike terror into my heart. They clung to my limbs, weighting me down as I tried to flee. Fear crept into my thoughts as a shrouded figure drew closer. Striking blue eyes stared into my own, freezing me to the spot. My struggles to escape the invisible binds were in vain.

"Try all you want, little thief," Nocturnal hissed, the crows on her arms cawing loudly. "You are mine. You broke my deal. I will reclaim the life I gave to you." The Shadow Mistress dug her nails under my chin, smiling terribly when I screamed. "You cannot wake now. You are trapped under the very dreams you sought so hard to find. I will destroy you, sever your life as you severed the loyalty you promised me."

"You can kill me." I grinned. "But you will lose the loyalty of your Nightingales. They will not protect the Twilight Sepulcher. Mortals will swarm through the Ebonmere, and your precious Evergloam will be overrun!" Nocturnal's features twisted into that of hatred, and she clutched my chin fiercely. I was lifted into the air.

"You will fall," I promised. The pain intensified, and I felt my life being leeched away. "Mortals... will no longer worship you... Nocturnal, you will lose your powers, your being will fade into nonexistence. You will be lost to time..."

"Do not test me!" she roared, and my vision began to black out. "Look, mortal. Peer deeply into my Eye." I shuddered, her voice suddenly soft and sweet. In her palm, a glowing blue orb shone with an image. "Before I kill you, know one thing... your quest to save your life has taken the lives of countless others."

"No," I choked out, pulling at the fingers strangling my throat. "You bitch!" In the orb, Brynjolf and Karliah sat near a lake. Inside was something they couldn't see, and could never reach. The final Elder Scroll.

"On that stone is a prophecy... one I must ensure comes to pass," Nocturnal sneered. A curved black blade appeared in her hands, and I realized what was coming to pass. "So close to victory, yet so far... my little nightingale."

I shrieked, my throat bleeding from the sheer force and volume, as my soul was torn from my body.

Moonlight's Embrace (A Skyrim Fanfic) (ORIGINAL)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें