Chapter 41

Indeed, the next day, every Fairy Tail Mage gathers in the guild for the Master's important announcement, which is about the chosen participants of the year's S-Class Mage Promotion Trial. The trial will occur on Tenrou Island and the eight participants are: Natsu, Gray, Juvia Lockser, Elfman Strauss, Cana, Freed Justine, Levy McGarden and Mest Gryder. For this trial, only one will pass and become an S-Class Mage.

Gray was unhappy that Lucy not being chosen as participant of the year's S-class mage promotion trial. Lucy was smile pat his shoulder assuring him that she will fine not chosen as participant. Before Gray say something, Makarov make announcement that he choose two people to be official as S-class mage which take their attention. Makarov told their names which be Kazuya Fernandes and Lucy Fullbuster. They were already appoint as S-class mage in Fairy Tail.

Everyone were shock to hear that especially Lucy and Kazuya. They were just know that they be S-class mage of Fairy Tail. Makarov told them his reason why he choose them because their power were high level that can be Ten Wizard saints. Gray was smile happily and congrats Lucy which Lucy accept it. She guess that she will fight the participants in the exam. Makarov announces some other technicalities about the trial, like how the current S-Class Mages will also be there to obstruct their path, and then orders the participants to find someone to partner up with within the week before the trial. Freed partners up with Bickslow. Natsu chooses Happy, Gray pairs with Loke, Juvia with Lisanna, Elfman with Evergreen and Levy with Gajeel Redfox. Cana then choose Himeko as her partner. While traveling on the streets of Magnolia, Carla warns Wendy that she has a bad feeling about the trial and that Wendy absolutely shouldn't go. Wendy assures Carla that it's okay because no one will partner with her. Suddenly, Mest shows up, saying that she shouldn't think like that. 

A week later

It is revealed that Wendy has partnered with Mest, and they, along with all the other two-person teams participating in the S-Class Trial, prepare to board the ship to Tenrou Island.  The ship of Fairy Tail departs the Hargeon port and is en route to Tenrou Island. Almost everyone on board complains about the intense heat while Natsu Dragneel is motion sick. Soon enough, they spot the island from a distance and they marvel at its sight and the Magic Aura around it. Makarov appears and relays to them the rules of the first trial. Each pair will choose one of the eight paths. Two pairs of paths intersect with each other that initiates battle with the meeting teams; three paths lead to one of the current S-Class Mages, who the pairs will have to battle; one path is free of obstacles. Only those that win in battles are allowed to move on and pass the first trial. Despite the fact that they are still at the sea, Makarov announces the trial's beginning.

Natsu and Happy attempt to choose their path first through flying out of the ship, but they are stopped by Freed Justine, who set up runes beforehand, granting him and Bickslow the luxury of choosing their path first. Levy McGarden and Evergreen quickly rewrite the runes to let their own teams escape the runes, but the others are left behind and are required to wait for the runes to deactivate in five minutes.

When the runes finally dispel, each of the teams, except Cana Alberona's, use their Magic to gain speed in traveling to the island. Natsu flies with Happy, Gray Fullbuster and Loke slide on ice, Lisanna Strauss and Juvia Lockser swim through the water in a fish form and a water hybrid form, respectively, while Mest Gryder and Wendy Marvell just vanish.

 Natsu flies with Happy, Gray Fullbuster and Loke slide on ice, Lisanna Strauss and Juvia Lockser swim through the water in a fish form and a water hybrid form, respectively, while Mest Gryder and Wendy Marvell just vanish