Chapter 16

Lucy, Gray, Mirajane and Elfman were going to where Aria was. But then Lucy was stop herself when she had a feeling that Natsu may have a battle which make Lucy feel worry of their condition. Gray, Mirajane and Elfman were stop to see Lucy's face. Gray was come over Lucy and put his hand on her shoulder.

"What's wrong, Lucy? Something had bother you?" Said Gray in a gentle tone. Lucy had snapped out from her thought and look at her brother. "Hm... Nothing, really. But I have a feeling that Aria had been defeated by Erza. We're already close to her right now. But Natsu have a battle with Gajeel. I guess that I need to go over Natsu. Maybe I can help him since Gajeel not ordinary fighter to defeated." Said Lucy with a calm face anyway.

Gray was sigh looking at Lucy. "Okay, just go. I know that you can help Natsu, Lucy. Don't worry about us. We can handle it ourselves. But please be careful, Lucy." Said Gray give a warning to Lucy for keep her safe. Lucy was smile at her brother. She need to make sure that Gajeel will be fine and hope Natsu won't hurt Gajeel anyway.

"Thanks, Gray. Please be safe, okay." Said Lucy before she leave Gray with Mirajane and Elfman. Gray was looking at Lucy who leave him with Mirajane and Elfman. Mirajane had saw Gray's expression. "What's wrong, Gray? Something bother you?" Said Mirajane with a little concern on her face. Elfman was a little confuse of Mirajane's question but he doesn't say anything.

"It's... Nothing, Mira. I'm just feeling like Lucy had keep something from me. She had never tell me what's bothering her but I guess that I can't push her just want to hear her explanation, right? Never mind, Mira. After this battle, I will going to have a conversation with her." Said Gray with a little serious on his face. Mirajane just nodded her head before they go over Erza.

Lucy was already arrive where Natsu and Gajeel. She saw they were having a serious battle. She was going to stop their fight when her eyes widen to see something that make her broken heart. Outside, all the Shade Troopers combine into a big ball of Darkness. Said ball is destroying the guild headquarters, and everyone is powerless to stop it. Lucy was frozen to see that and doing nothing.

Meanwhile, the battle of the Dragons rages, and both seem to be on par. The result is more destruction, and Gajeel plays dirty by eating some iron after they crash. This replenishes his strength, while Natsu is debilitated. Lucy was using her celestial key and summon Sagittarius, the one key she has left, and hope he can produce fire in any way. Even she was an elementral of dragon slayer and have more elements in her power, she still need to recover her wound that she use since she protect Erza and also crush the Jupiter cannon.

He comes, wearing a horse suit, and Lucy is awe to see him. She asks if he can shoot fire, but Sagittarius answers that he can’t. Lucy was sigh anyway but she know that she need to stop Gajeel. Gajeel had sense Lucy and look over her. He give a signal at her that he need to be defeated by Natsu and have to pretend it as their plan. Lucy was sigh to agree with Gajeel knowing that she can't stop him. Gajeel was glad that Lucy not stopping him and continue his acting.

Natsu is then left powerless before Gajeel, who forces him to see his guild being destroyed. Natsu remembers the first time he came into the guild, and Makarov’s explanation of the guild name. He then remembers the first time he met Gray and their very first fight. Natsu also recalls the first time Erza beat him and her explanation on the guild’s relationships. It is followed by memories of Lisanna and the time Erza forced him to learn how to read. Natsu also remembers the time he found Happy’s egg, Lisanna's idea, and Happy’s birth. He remembers the day Lisanna left and never came back, her tomb, and lastly, the day he met Lucy, who would be one of his best friends. All the pain and suffering of the last few days flash before him, and he sees the building he thought of as his home become reduced to ruins.

 All the pain and suffering of the last few days flash before him, and he sees the building he thought of as his home become reduced to ruins

He gets up, and walks towards Gajeel. Gajeel beats him down, and Happy cries that once he eats flames he will be able to fight. Sagittarius hears this and is able to help. He states that he cannot shoot flames by shooting an arrow, but he can help create them. He shoots his arrows at nearby machines which causes an explosion. Natsu feeds on the generated flames. Now, with Natsu's energy and power replenished, the final phase of the Dragons' battle begins. Gajeel shoots his Iron Dragon's Roar, but Natsu stops it with his bare hands. Natsu approaches Gajeel furiously, stating that picking a fight with Fairy Tail was the wrong thing to do. 

'Oh, please be fine... Gajeel, Natsu.' - Lucy