Scars Unraveled

"The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears. "
- John Vance Cheney

***********************

I walk down the corridor, searching for the washroom when the front door swings open.

A woman enters the house and jumps up in surprise, when Walburga's portrait starts going off. We both scream in surprise and her hair literally turns pink.

"Filth! Scum! By-products of dirt and vileness! Half-breeds, mutants, freaks, begone from this place! How dare you befoul the house of my fathers--"

"OH MY GOD SHUT THE HELL UP!!!" I shout, grabbing one of the ancient daggers hung up on the wall and sending it flying into her portrait. The dagger sinks into the picture, causing Walburga to start screaming and crying.

"MISTRESS!!!" A house-elf appears out of nowhere right in front of me, causing Tonks and me to jump back in surprise again.

Tonks, unfortunately, was at the top of the stairs when she almost fell and decided to latch onto the only damn thing close to her.... which was me.

We both go tumbling down the stairs, screaming.

"Ow!!!!" I groan. "WHY WOULD YOU GRAB A KID!?" I demand at Tonks, who was clutching her side in pain.

"Oh no. Ohhhhh no. You're bleeding!!! HELPP!" Tonks shouts.

"I'm bleeding not DYING!!" I snap, trying to get up.

"I swear magic is annoying the hell out of me. Never thought I'd ever say that." I grumble.

"Alexa!!" Snape appears over the stairwell, face contorted in worry.

Everyone had raced over to see what was going on. "Hey Snape. Can I adopt Alexa instead? She just put a dagger through my mum. I need this girl in my life." Sirius hisses to Severus who glares at him, as he walked down the steps grabbing my face in between his fingers, examining my head.

"It's just a cut," I mumble.

"Are you an imbecile Nymphadora. You almost murdered my daughter." Snape turns to Tonks in his lethal, calm anger. "This child is my responsibility and within five minutes of us being in this dreaded place she's almost killed!!!??"

"I fell down the stairs," I grumble, but Snape ignores me.

"She is the only one who can save this world from The Dark Lord and you almost killed her!!!"

"I'm fourteen. Can I just -you know- mention that?" I raise my hand, causing Cedric to chuckle only to cover it with coughs when Snape glares at him. 

Molly walks down the stairs, grabbing my face in between her huge palms. "Come on dear. Let's get you cleaned up."

"Did you see me a week ago. I was drenched in blood. This is nothing." I try to plead them to not pay attention to the cuts on my arms and face.