The Drama of Welcome Ceremonies

- When you're crying for them, they're laughing with someone else

My eyes snap up to my dad and I grin.

"I'm in your house!!" I cheer and he smiles slightly a hand reaching to take the hat off my head and help me to feet.

I was dressed in the Hogwarts famous robes, that convert to green under the effects of the sorting.

I hop up beside my dad, beaming up at him and he nods, a proud glint in his eyes.

Regulus seemed excessively relieved at my sorting and when he sits on the stool, getting also sorted into Slytherin a second later, he looked all too happy with the result.

He was in the house he was supposed to be in after all.

"Excellent! Snape you have two amazing new students in your house." Albus claps, gesturing me towards Regulus so much he ends up shoving me and I stumble face planting into his chest.

Not that I minded to be honest, but my face flamed in embarrassment.

Regulus steadies me, shooting a glare at Albus, his arms hovering around my form protectively.

"Thanks,"  I murmur, rubbing my forehead where I slammed into him.

"Indeed...." My dad muses, an eyebrow raised at Albus not at all amused at what had just transpired. "Perhaps be a bit more gentle with my daughter." He drawls and Albus grins nodding.

"Of course! Of course!"

Oh my gosh was he even sane?!

By the way Regulus snorted, I don't think I said that in my head.

He ushers me out of the office and we finally separate, my heart skidding miles a minute.

I don't know why I was so attracted to this man.... actually I did. He was a sexy hunk of a dude with muscles I wanted to drool over.

But he was eighteen -actually maybe older cause he went through some demonic vampire shit- and waaay out of my league.

Guys like that, especially with the three and a half year age difference- didn't go for girls like me.

"Congrats on being in the superior house." I giggle out and his hardened eyes from before soften considerably when they land on me.

"I agree." And damn his voice was like butter. I'd even compare it to ahem Felix's voice from Stray Kids ahem.....

In other words I was a goner.

He eyes me slightly and I eye him back, an amused grin growing on my lips.

"How are you feeling about being back?" I say quietly, moving to nudge his shoulder with mine.

"Nervous." He admits and then pauses, "It's okay to be nervous right?" He asks softly and I raise a brow.